Is this just being nice?

We text each other every day and we can talk for hours about anything really. We're in different timezones but we still can talk for hours because we find time to. He, however is 18 and I am only 14. I know the age difference could mean he thinks of me as a normal friend. He has called me cute/cutie several times, one being recently when he said "You're cute so boys won't care if you're new". We were talking about a Halloween party that I'm going to (I'm not good with groups, especially if there are more than 10 people). I said we wouldn't be able to talk because it would be 1:00AM in his timezone, but he said he would stay up so we can. He said he would because that's what friends do though. He'll talk to me when he's playing games or watching videos/livestreams. He's showed me a few pictures of his friends before and talked about them. He hardly ever talks about girls when we're talking, but if he does, he really only describes them as "hot" and doesn't talk much about it anymore, it's only happened 3 or 4 times. He says I'm always nice even though we both tease each other daily (if calling each other "meanie" is teasing haha). He told me I'm a "great friend" on the friend scale. These are most of the things he does/says, but there are still some more.
He is only being a nice friend.
He could like you (not necessarily a lot, but at least a bit).
GirlGuy
Is this just being nice?
1
1