Has anyone seen this movie? *Warning: could be triggering*

Last week in class at college, the teacher had us watch a movie called "Royal Tenanbaum." In one particular scene, a character's shown attempting suicide, and... oh gosh, it made me want to cry! I hate that our teacher said this movie was "fantastic," and nothing bad would happen.

How the heck would you explain when someone's - aka me - is trembling and close to tears? I think seeing the character bleeding triggered something inside me. I struggle with self-harm, and I haven't felt this extremely uncomfortable for a while.

I forced myself to stay during the duration of the movie, and I was so relieved when class was finally over. Why would my teacher expose his students to this kind of stuff? I remember none of my other classmates were really thrilled about seeing this movie, anyway. What do you all think?
1
1