I slept with my best friend.. can we ever be friends again?

We basically went out as a group but in the end there was just me and my best male friend downing shot after shot. So yes we were pretty wasted and when we got to his apartment ended up having sex, I was a virgin but I don't really recall if I told him or not. Well anyway the next morning he was so shocked. Apologizing and then he said "you have to promise to never ever tell about this to anyone I'm gonna hear about it forever if my friends find out I slept with YOU" Now see he's extremely popular jog he has the hottest girlfriends etc. and I have a quite okay face but I'm chubby (I'm not that bad because I do get regularly hit on by decent looking guys) so when he said that it hurt and I told him "right you don't want them to know you slept with the disgusting fat girl" (of course I wasn't even planning on telling anybody except maybe my best girl friend to vent on this)... After I made that statement he got completely quiet and I started to cry and ran away from the apartment. He's been trying to call me all night but I haven't answered. I feel like shit and wish I could just disappear to the air. It hurts since I've always been self conscious and he's my best guy friend who I've known for 10 years. I made a huge mistake and this is such a mess. Can our friendship ever go back to where it was?
I slept with my best friend.. can we ever be friends again?
Add Opinion