Why do people think chivalry is a problem, while girls could be just as chivalrious as guys?

I don't really understand why people think chivalry is a problem. It is a particular type of behavior that is basically common courtesy, such as not explicitly closing the door on someone who's trying to enter it. I think this is reasonable to expect from either gender. Or if you ask someone out, you should offer to pay for a bigger part of it even if not all - whether you're female or male.

And yet, people blame that "chivalry is dead" and the like... common courtesy still exists, and it is NOT a double standard NOR gender-specific.

Therefore, I think people should just choose to be chivalrious, or not at all. Nothing to do with gender, no reason to let anyone forward just because they're guys or girls. They should let them pass or hold the door open and the like because that is the right thing to do.

What do you think?
3
4