What's with the double standard regarding male and female suicides? Why are females who kill themselves victims, and guys who kill themselves evil?

Throughout my life there have been numerous occasions where I'd hear about some suicide, whether on the News, from someone I know in my town, or on the internet. And I've noticed a rather disturbing trend. First of all, most suicides I've known of were due to either loneliness, relationship issues, or a breakup. The only two exceptions I've seen are someone killing themselves after committing murder, and someone killing themselves because they had a stroke and could not stand life anymore. But anyway, onto the main topic of this question..

Whenever a girl killed herself, everyone felt sorry for her, and was quick to blame her boyfriend, father, or some other man for her death. One teenage girl in a town not far away from here set herself on fire because a boy broke up with her, and basically everyone had a big pity party for her, while talking about how horrible her boyfriend is.

However, when the genders swap roles, and a man kills himself because of a woman, he is vilified, and portrayed as some kind of psychopath. Why? To make the woman feel better? No one ever questions exactly how much bullshit these women gave these men to make them kill themselves. My friend's ex-girlfriend got with another guy after she left him, and after a few weeks that guy blew his brains out. I know from experience she was a physically abusive and mentally unstable person. Yet I'm sure anyone who heard about that incident would have assured her it wasn't her fault.

Anyway, I am sick of this mentality that women are always the victims, and men are always the oppressors. Even when a woman drives a man past the brink of sanity, and he shoots or hangs himself, she's still the victim somehow. I've seen so many women abuse kids and grown men in my life. I've seen men be abusive to kids and women too, of course, but the difference is those men were ostracized by society, and/or punished. Women on the other hand seem to be getting a free pass to abuse people. And it needs to stop.
I think women should be accountable for their actions, especially when it leads to the death of another person, even if they are mentally ill.
I don't think anyone should be held accountable for someone else committing suicide, even if there is clear evidence they were somehow abusive toward the person who killed themselves.
I think there is a double standard that should be addressed.
Vote C
Other. (Please explain.)
Vote D
GirlGuy
2
0