Do atheists not believe in anything or do they just not believe in God?

First, I must inform you that my intention is not to attack anybody's beliefs, honestly, clarity is what I'm looking for. Admittedly, I've came across many people who claim to be atheists and say that they don't believe in anything yet also some others that state that they just don't believe in God. I'm curious to know why most of them preach so hard that God doesn't exist if they consider him to be a mythical character. If anybody wants to give more info as to why that is it would be a big help, thank you.

Confused,

YM
+1 y
Although choosing the best MHO will be very hard, I sincerely thank all of you for taking time to reply with such detailed explanations. My confusion was clarified and many different perspectives were taken into account. Repeatedly, the topic of Christ believers hypocrisy came up and sadly it's not a lie, but please remember, those people heavily misrepresent him. We've all messed up someway or another. Jesus said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" John 8:7 KJV
+1 y
Please try to keep the peace and don't argue but instead try get along. Regardless of what you believe, none of us people know everything but we can try to of make life harder on one another.
15
8