Are guys typically more attracted to older or younger girls? And are girls more attracted to older or younger guys?

I know a years ago that girls almost always married and dated older men because older men were usually more established and able to care for themselves and a girl, and that it was expected for girls to have children and youth meant furtility. But because of the way things have changed socially (ex. More woman with careers etc.) And the fact that marriages are not so much as looking for someone to take care of you, or care for, but rather looking for an emotional partner to support you as you move through life, I wonder if it's changed? I've also noticed a bit of a pattern which is that the older a guy is, the more he seems to be attracted to younger girls (ex. many divorced men will remarry a woman that is years younger rather than marry someone the same age). While divorced women seem to lean towards men that are closer to their age. But in high school, particularly the underclassmen, boys seem ecstatic to have an older girl interested in them. And I've noticed more girls in school, starting to date younger guys. So I'm also wondering, does the age of a particular person play a role in what age group they find attractive in a partner? Or is this "pattern" I've noticed only because the older men I've observed grew up in a generation that still praised youthfulness in women? Further, will these current underclassmen boys who are more than excited to have an older girlfriend, going to grow up still liking older women, or will their views change as they themselves get older? This is for a project on attraction in psychology, so any insight would be a huge help. Thanks :)
5
3