Girls, do guys ever become fixated on you? And invade your personal space, even just by communicating with you and not stopping?

I experience this a lot with guys of all ages. It stops me from getting close to some. I feel some guys will fixate on me or latch on, and yes I do think they tend to have a mental issue (perhaps autism). There are many people that suffer from this out there, but it is only my guess as to why I keep experiencing this.

Also, I smile at EVERYONE and am friendly, so perhaps I should just be dismissive? I don't think I'm any more friendly or inviting than anyone else. I don't want to be a jerk or be offputting.

They fixate and won't pick up cues to stop talking to me. I won't give any open ended communication but they won't stop or leave me be, especially if they are able to contact me through message. They want to know personal details of my life, like where I live EXACTLY and other things that make me incredibly uncomfortable.

Any advice? Does this happen to others often? Perhaps even guys have experienced this?
3
1