GAGers: Are you ever afraid of being yourself?

Maybe some of you have seen me around a few times before, but most likely not on the more controversial stuff. I've been a member of this site for awhile now, and I only recently started posting without going anonymous. For some reason, I was terrified of being myself. This is similar to in real life, too. I don't know why it scares me so much to just be myself. Usually people end up liking me a lot more when I'm myself I think, but for some reason, I always psyche myself out into thinking everyone will hate me.
This probably sounds weird to people who don't care what people think or people who are thick-skinned. I mean.. why should I care what people on the internet think of me, or anyone in person for that matter? But for some reason, I care a lot what others think of me, and I almost base my self-worth on that. I hope I don't sound completely pathetic.
I was wondering if you're ever afraid of being yourself?
Yes, I feel afraid to be myself sometimes.
Yes, I used to feel afraid to be myself. Not anymore though.
No, I don't care what others think. I am who I am.
Vote C
GirlGuy
17
12