Why do some American hip hop fans, DISLIKE hip hop music/culture becoming globalized?

It's very easy to notice that in today's entertainment and fashion world... hip hop influence has definitely taken over.

I think it's a beautiful thing that the culture (from rap music-style lyrics, to the production style of musical instrumentals, to the fashion, to the slang terms, to the 'aura'/'swagger') of hip-hop is being worldly recognized in this globalized world.

However, there are a sizable amount of American hip hop fans like me... who feel the opposite and feel that globalization of hip hop culture has done more harm than good.

----

I don't understand how an aspect of one's culture (in this case, Americans who are hip hop fans), becoming recognized and admired worldwide, can be seen as a negative.

As the saying goes..."imitation is the biggest form of flattery".

Especially in this globalized world where everybody influences everybody.

-----

Why do you think these American hip hop fans (whether if you a fan or not), feel this way? Please share your thoughts and ideas!
I'm a hip-hop fan; globalization of the music and culture is a beautiful thing
I'm a hip-hop fan; globalization of the music and culture, has done more harm than good overall for hip-hop
I'm NOT a hip-hop fan; globalization of the music and culture is a beautiful thing
Vote C
I'm NOT a hip-hop fan; globalization of the music and culture, has done more harm than good overall for hip-hop
Vote D
(I just want to see results)
Vote E
GirlGuy
4
5