Should I contact him again?

Me and this guy who I was really close to middle school (not a lot of romantic status, but we did try and date but it just never worked) well he was someone I could talk to about anything and it was fun to have someone to talk to but we ended up going to different high schools and no matter how much I try I can't get him off my mind. We stopped talking two years ago after I went to visit him (it was awkward because he was going through changes like how he dressed, and being more popular). Well after that I decided maybe we should go our separate ways but almost everyday I thought about him. Due to us stop talking I don't have his number but a month before his birthday I tweeted him that I missed talking to him and got no reply and I was confused if he received the notification (we don't follow each other, so I don't know if he still gets a notification) so after a while I deleted it. I see that he has gotten popular with the girls but I miss talking to my him, I tried taking time for myself to do stuff I wanted, meet new people but I just feel lonely sometimes and I enjoyed his company. After a month after tweeting him I am still stuck on whether he saw it or not, but I am just schocked because I was so sure if he saw it, he wouldn't ignore me even after all this time. I just can't stop thinking about it, help?
Should I contact him again?
Add Opinion