I just figured out my friend can not internalize. Is that some type of psychology problem?

He can not relate to what other people say about social norms and other things to him self inorder to learn how it applies to him and how to better himself with it. He doesn't believe most common things apply to him. Things we learn about from childhood to adulthood he can't get the way everyone else gets it. Like racism, relationships, women, value, value of money, friendship, loyalty, respect and on and on. He is a middle age black man and only knows the simple parts of things to just get by. Like he knows he needs to pay to get stuff or have stuff but he doesn't understand things like priority when it comes to spending on some things. The knowledge we past down to our children about life, how to live and survive that we learn, he only has a basic knowledge of it. Like crossing the street. He knows to cross on green but he doesn't realize he does that to avoid getting hit by a car, for example. And if I tell him it's to avoid being hit by a car. He doesn't believe he will get hit. He thinks that's for others and not him. He can't see how it effects him. (This crossing the street example is just an analogy of how handles other things) And when stuff does happen to him, he justifies it away in his head and doesn't do any critical thinking on it and ignores it. He doesn't understand the complexities of life and how to relate to so he can apply it to himself. I hope I'm explaining it right. It's complicated. What makes this an important issue to me is there are consequences to not knowing this stuff and he doesn't believe in the consequences even when they happen to him. This causes people around him to try to have his back like me but we can't aways be there.
2
1