Is he emotionally cheating on me?

We have been together almost 3 years and lived together for 7 months. I snooped. He forgave. We were kinda having a fight and he kept hiding in a different room of the house after saying, "Just grabbing some water." and that getting water turned into 30 minutes later. What I checked out was his Facebook chats with his best female friend. She lives overseas and they only see each other once a year when she comes to visit friends and family. They don't chat much since time differences and she doesn't have a cell phone. But one of the things I saw that is nagging me is he said to her "You are the perfect person." He really wants her to move back to our city. I don't like this girl. The few times we have hung out, we just don't get along. We all know and accept this. I don't care if he's friends with her but he'll tell her when we are having a fight or some shit and I don't need her to know that. They've been friends for close to ten years and he had a crush on her long ago (maybe still now). We talked last night about all this and he basically just went quiet and didn't reassure me at all. Things like: Him: "But I love you more." me: "So you love her?" And instead of "Yeah but only as a friend." he just went silent. I want to marry this guy but I am having doubts now that he loves me enough for a lifetime together to be possible.
Is he emotionally cheating on me?
Add Opinion