Is it bad that I only have one friend who is male?

I have some pretty bad experiences with friends, where I always came out as the bad person even though I'm the one who always gave and kept their confidentiality.

I've had friends who were thieves, backstabbers, two-faced, users/moochers and liars.
The most recent fall out was over something I don't quite know why she fell out with me but I can guess. I paid for her meal (£25) and a frappucino which she said she will pay back (I didn't ask, she just said she will) and babysat her son the night after and now she's gone quiet, ignored my texts and deleted me on Facebook.

The only friend I have is the one I have been close friends with for 14 years. He's never abandoned me and always on my side, although my ex-friends have tried to get him on their side in the past to no avail.
I can say he is a TRUE friend as he doesn't give up on me and always makes me feel good about myself rather than complete crap.
I give a lot, because I am naturally a generous person, I like giving people a reason to smile. He is the only friend who gives back, buying surprise train tickets to anywhere in the UK (he knows my passion for travelling), getting me the dress I pointed out in the shop that I liked months ago, even carried me home when I got too drunk.
2
2