When people are contempt with themselves, some things which are in their control, but take no initiative or make no effort to change that, why?

I don't believe in this sugar coated ideology where people tell themselves they are perfect the way they are. It's common for me to run across many people with this way of thinking. They want something but won't take initiative but will fill themselves with comfort and accept that they "can't". If you want to learn to play guitar, do it. If astrophysics and cosmology fascinate you but you don't understand any of it, take classes, just do it. If you're not happy with your body, work out, don't quit, just do it. If you're "bad" at mathematics and English , practice. If you want to learn many languages, try it. Nothing comes easy, things come with effort and perseverance. I improve myself to a point others feel uncomfortable around me or intimidated, I don't brag or preach this, people just get uncomfortable when they find out you take part in so many activities. I also notice a lot of people I come across are unhappy about something that is in their control but take no initiative. Why?
+1 y
I meant aren't contempt, I type to fast.
+1 y
too
2
1