Should I ask my crush to Turnabout?

Our high school is having a Turnabout dance, which is where the girls ask the guys, in a couple weeks, and I really want to go with my crush. I was thinking about asking him a couple days after they announce the date, and hold up a little sign with a bag of Jolly Ranchers (because who doesn't like candy, lol!). And I'd make sure to tell him it's not a date, just a chance to get to know each other (so he doesn't feel awkward). He's a grade above me (sophomore) & I've talked to him a couple times already this school year (the most recent was yesterday). He's shown signs of possibly liking me, such as his friends teasing him about me, him staring & smiling, going out of his way to make sure I see him when I walk by his locker, & he always keeps looking back at me whenever I'm walking behind him (IDK why he does that, lol). Like today at lunch, he kept making eye contact & smiling. But I'm just so nervous he'll say no! I mean, I know it sounds like a stupid thing to worry about, but still... Guys, would you go to Turnabout/Sadie Hawkins with a girl you don't know that well? What if she was really pretty?
Should I ask my crush to Turnabout?
Add Opinion