When a shy girls wants to talk but doesn't ask you any questions how are you supposed to keep the conversation going?

Okay so I have no problem talking i'm open-minded I can talk about just about anything no problem but the problem is I can't tell what is okay and not okay to ask others for one. Secondly I have been getting messaged by shy girls who don't say much other than a few words even when they instigate the chats, I don't get it so how am I suppose to get them to open up verbally if no matter what I type is like a two or three word answer. Any suggestions? I have been asking a lot of questions is that the wrong way to go about it? The battle between being annoying and showing you care...
1
1