I gave my number to someone on a strictly professional basis. How to handle a weird, casual text?

As the title says, I gave my phone number to someone who asked for it on a strictly professional basis, for any future assistance or help, but I have now been contacted with a "How are you?" text that was intensely weirdly worded, at night (but not in the extremely late hours) that has made me a little uncomfortable. This is why I never give it out.

We are on very basic acquaintance level, have had a few intelligent conversations in downtime, and that is it. There is a very large age gap, as well, and no prior hint that my number would be used in any impromptu way.

I don't want to outright accuse the person of questionable intentions, as I am an incessantly guarded non-people person who jumps to conclusions, and they may just be trying to be kind. If this continues, is there a polite way to handle it? If they keep trying, should I just start ignoring the messages? Do you feel that I am overreacting? Have you, man or woman, had similar experiences?
4
2