Why do people start to hate other people for stupid reasons? Like this one for instance?

In like October, 2009 I told this girl about a conference she might be interested in going to, and then she told her friend about it and he was going to drive out there to go to it. She said he would agree to pick me up (Where I was would've added about an hour to a six hour drive or so) and then this changed because he didn't want to go out of his way to get me. If it was not for me, she or he would have never heard of this conference and they never would have went. I was pretty upset by this, and so she apparently didn't understand why this upset me and decided to throw away like probably 4, 4 1/2 years or so of talking.

I did nothing wrong. I just made it clear I felt that was not right to go back on what they had initially said and I was the reason they even got to enjoy this (free) multiple day conference.

Any attempt I ever made after that to make contact was just met by really sketchy replies... like she'd respond then block my number again... did this three times... and then finally basically threatened me so I haven't even tried in a few years.

Now she's married to this douchebag who has a job I would really like to have. They both work for politicians which is what I want to do, yet I get nearly universally rejected. It's just such a dumb reason to hold an eternal grudge over someone. Also it's ironic too because when we had talked she said she didn't want a BF anytime soon, and yet was married less than three years later. This guy's a real twit too. When I found out about that i sent like two texts telling him he's a jerk and she's a phony.. stuff like that, and his reply was threatening me with the police. What kind of a man's first instinct is to use that as their deterrent? Just wow... Anyway, I don't have any interest in her anymore but it pisses me off that I am struggling while they are doing well in something I want to be involved with.

Bothers me too because she once told me "Wouldn't it be funny if I was the one working in politics?" :(
1
1