What do you think of the term "Not all men are like that"?

I was having a very serious conversation with my friend about her ex husband. She told me that he had abused her mentally, physically and sexually. She then said, "And people wonder why I am not attracted to men anymore."

I replied with the statement, "Not all men are like that."

I did not think anything of that statement, because it is true. Not all men are abusive assholes like her ex husband.

A few days later, I find out from someone else that she is pissed off at me for saying that. She claims that it is an anti-feminist statement and that I must have knows that when I said it.

I was highly offended by her being upset about this. First of all, I am not in any way shape or form anti-feminist. Secondly, it is simply a true statement. Third, I am with a wonderful man who would never raise a hand to me or any other woman, so I felt as if I were defending him as a man.

So, what do you think, is the statement, "Not all men are like that." an anti-feminist statement or is she just hurt, bitter and overreacting?
+1 y
Also, she has been in an abusive relationship with a female before too. I think she is just choosing the wrong types of people. However, she had no problem dating women after being abused by her previous girlfriend. It just seems so hypocritical.
7
6