How do I make myself stop liking him?

So I've liked this guy for about a year and a half. We are friends, but he likes one of my ex friends. He graduated a year before me and went to his senior prom with my best friend at the time. That was the first time I met him and I started to like him a lot right from the beginning. Well after a few months of feeling this way I told him how I felt because my friend didn't like him and my friend was the one that told me to tell him. When I told him he basically just said that he's liked my friend for a few years and ended it there. We are still friends and we have been getting closer. He has invited me to a few concerts (well I had to pay but he still asked me lol) and we talk at college sometimes. Last time I saw him my heart started beating really fast even though I only saw him for a few seconds when passing in the hall. I know he doesn't like me and I'm okay with just being friends, but I still have that little voice telling me to go for him. It will never happen, he made that pretty clear. What can I do to get him out of my head?
+1 y
I want to stay friends with him, I just don't want to keep having feelings that are useless because nothing will change
How do I make myself stop liking him?
1
1