How to get my friend and this guy together?

Ok so my best friend means the world to me. She's always been there and know so much about me. And tbh I feel like I owe her. I recently found out she liked this guy, and I knew that they actually would be a great couple and I really want to do something for her. The only problem is, it's nearly impossible. My friend will not even attempt to go after this guy, because she's very selfless and never does anything for herself. This guy she likes is going to be hard to get. He's literally the hottest kid in our grade. Every girl has liked him at some point, but they mostly only really liked him for his looks, unlike my friend who actually likes his personality. Anyways this guy only dated one chick, and she was very pretty and popular, and she's also a good friend of mine. They stopped dating awhile ago, and now that girl claims that he likes some girl who's a grade ahead of us. I'm not sure if this is still true though. Anyways I don't really know this boy my friends crushing on anymore because we kind of turned into enemies at a time and then just stopped talking altogether. Long story short I haven't talked to this kid in two or threeish years. I thought about telling this boy my friend liked him, but I'm afraid my friend will get mad at me. And besides that doesn't seem very nice to me. So what should I do? I'd really like to do something, but it seems hopeless.
How to get my friend and this guy together?
Add Opinion