Why do people insult me when I try to make improvements on my physical health?

I'm 5'8 and weigh 147lbs, which is normal but I'd like to get down to 130lbs. Whenever I discuss working out, or eating healthy or losing weight other people get upset, roll their eyes, make fun of me or insult me. I was talking with a small group of women, and one mentioned that she needed to start eating right because she was really overweight. A few other women chimed in and expressed similar goals. Well, when I commented that I also wanted to eat healthy, and discussed what I was doing to reach my goal, others starting rolling their eyes, huffing and puffing... one of the women in the group got really nasty and said "Trying to eat healthy? For what? Nobody is thinking about you. You're a nobody". It was one of the most hurtful putdowns I have ever received. I've gotten hostile responses from family members as well. I honestly feel like people think there is no point in me improving my health because I'm black. Like, no matter what you do to yourself, you're still going to be black and not entitled to any privileges anyway.
2
1