Why did he say he loves me? In which way does he love me? And why did he say it when he did?

My friend and I have been close for almost two years. We are friends on ps4 and never met. I used to crush on him but then we stopped talking for a bit. We became close again. We'd tell each other everything.

His dad died lately and I told him even though I've never met you and in a non dating way I do love you. He said he appreciates it more than ill ever know.

He just broke up with his girlfriend and we are still casual good friends.

We were on Skype and right before he went to bed he said I love you. I said it back.

Did he mean it in the friend sense of I love you or in the dating way I love you? Why did he say it at that random time?

I don't think he likes me, but we've always had a jokingly flirty friendship. I'm confused and I need a guy's in look on this.
Does he love me more than a friend?
Does he love me like a close friend?
GirlGuy
1
0