I wrote my ex a goodbye letter, did I do the right thing?

i have written on here a couple of times about my situation with my ex. he broke up with about 4 months ago, but he still wanted me in his life which made me think there was hope. I realize now there is no hope. I sent him an email asking for that answer and he, very hurtful, told me there is no hope for us but he would like to still be friends. I can't be friends with him. I'm stil so in love with him. I sent him a goodbye letter. this is what I wrote:

...So I am writing to say goodbye. but not forever. I know our paths will meet again. Maybe someday Ill be more mature and better prepared for whatever comes my way, but I cannot handle the pain you have unknowingly caused me these past months

Dnt get me wrong. You have made me very happy just by sharing yourself and your life with me. The memories will stay in my heart forever. From the time we first started going out until now, you have unfailingly shown me how it is to be really cared for and cherished. At the same time you have managed to keep my feet on the ground, always reminding me that my life is my own and no one else’s. I thank you for that. You taught me how fully comprehend what real love is like without even telling me you loved me. Just by showing me in your own way, you made me see how two incompatible persons can actually become real friends and true lovers.

You have kept my feet on the ground and yet showed me how beautiful the stars and skies are.

Whenever I needed your comport and strength, your level-headedness and rationality, you were always there for me. Our relationship has gone through a lot of things ranging from the serious to the stupid.

You will forever be a part of my life, thank you for making me a part of yours. I will always remember you with a smile and with wistfulness for being the one responsible for throwing it all away… but I have to go now. I am afraid that if I stay, something will be destroyed; either be part of you, a part of me, our friendship or the relationship itself. I dnt really know. At least by leaving now, I am sure that everything remains intact, the relationship beautiful untouched unmarred by jealousy and hatred we both dnt deserve a relationship that would always be fraught with questions and conditions.

I no this is not the end of everything. It is actually a new beginning, hopefully of a better, more beautiful friendship for the future. But I have to do this, to say goodbye to you properly. I need closure to move on. And I realize I have to move on.

I'll always love you, casper. Thank you very much for always being there for me when I needed you most. Thank you for sharing yourself with me, if only for 2 years of your life. thankyou for looking after me when I was down and protecting me from the clutches of the marshmellow people.

In fact, my life will never be the same without you

is this ok? what wld you do if ur ex sent you this? he hasn't replied to me and I dnt think he will :(
2
0