Why do we rely so much on plastic if it takes so long to decompose?

Stoner710
Plastic is killing us everybody run in all seriousness apparently plastic will be around about 25 million years from now and I will still take another 50 million years forward to decompose fully Humanity is going to be long gone by the time that happens. Now there is no way we're going to be getting rid of plastic anytime soon I would love for that to happen but I'm not here to change the world.

But I wonder what humans are thinking is it to make a profit is hurting the very planet we live on really worth it to make a profit glass lasts a long time it's about 1 million years but it can be melted down recycled received a reformed plastic it's harder to do it once. Is glass just more expensive I don't know guys I can change the world I would love everybody stop using plastic today but not gonna happen so why do we you so much plastic if it's so harmful to the earth.
1
2