Should I call him, or wait for him to call me?

I've been in a long-distance relationship with a guy for 2 1/2 years now.. He's the overly-emotional type (though that's not the problem, it's one of the reasons I fell in love with him) but despite him verbally reinforcing his love for me, by all the cute things he says and talking about our future together, saying 'I love you' plenty, etc.. He never takes initiative to call me, and I tested this by not contacting him at all and it took him 3 weeks for him to e-mail me and ask why I haven't called! wth? Is this turned into a one-way relationship, is he making some wimpy attempt to tell me he doesn't like me anymore, or is he just getting lazy? Anyway, my main question here is should I continue to initiate the contact or should I let it dissolve, 'because I can't tell if he really cares anymore, for his lack of actions.. despite his nice words, he's not doing much to prove them...
+1 y
I could really use an answer, guys. -_-
+1 y
Something to keep in mind about my boyfriend, he is as near to gay as a straight guy could be. Incredibly feminine, emotionally, physically.. Typical guy-behavior has never applied to him, so this might make it a harder question to figure out.
+1 y
This has been entirely resolved. **late response on my part here** This was a one-time deal, he has been going through a lot of unfairness in his life lately, on top of being very preoccupied. Forgiveness all around, everything is fine once again ^_^
+1 y
*ctn* He really didn't realize how much it bothered me to contact him more than he contacted me, for him to not make much reaching-out effort, it simply became routine. I was being far more vague than I realized. As soon as I pointed this out directly
+1 y
*ctn* he began reciprocating everything. We're more in love than ever, and I am learning to speak my mind more directly instead of using so much tact that the meaning is lost.. I am much too nice to those people who are very close to me.
2
0