🇺🇸 Is Being Patriotic Considered A Bad Thing?

Well I'm only speaking from PERSONAL experience, but based on things I've seen online and also what I experience in real life, it sorta seems as someone being Patriotic is a bad thing. I mean I understand that the USA isn't a perfect country, and it does have a horrible past and sure there's still work that can be done, but why does that mean someone can't be proud to be an American? There has even been people who say "Patriotism Is Racism" like many of the protestors of BLM and the Chicago Anti-MEGA. Well I'm a liberal so in my experience it seems it's mostly liberal who kinda cringe and frown on American Patriotism.

I'm not the most patriotic person but I don't see anything wrong with someone proudly waving the American Flag, wearing American Flag clothing, Having a tattoo of the flag, etc. I understand those who are proud to be American and value Traditional American Culture. Again this is only based on my PERSONAL experience on stuff I've seen online and also in my daily life, and maybe I'm missing something, so I'm open to hearing other sides and being swayed.

Thoughts on this? 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🦅
3
8