Most Helpful Girl
It depends on a lot of variables.
1. Will you look unprofessional or will it damage your reputation?
2. Is this a career building job for you or is it a part-time job while you are in college or trying to figure out what you want.
3. Are you dating a co-worker or your boss/subordinate?
4. How likely is it that you would have to run in to this person on a daily basis if you two have a nasty break-up or things just don't work out?
5. Are both of you single or is one or both actually attached to someone else?
Overall, the easy answer is "Don't date a co-worker". But I would say young people in a job that is not part of their career path, can and do date co-workers (not bosses or subordinates) and it can be a great way of meeting someone. For older people it can be a disaster if they are not using good judgment. That's when you read about posts on here where people are dating when they are still married or in a relationship, or dating their boss, or just looking for a casual fling.