Was what he did enough to get arrested? Honest thoughts (Reaction to video)?

I would think that perhaps he didn't do anything wrong but could the case be made that walking up to a random person in public making a snide comment about how one dresses harassment?

I don't know American laws well (I am not from America nor have I been to America) so I can't really say much.

Also, is this what people mean when a guy is "exercising his male privilege"? He thought he could make a comment like that to a women aware of the outcome that his "joke" could be interpreted the wrong way. Despite them being "drunk" and him apologising afterwards, the damage had already been done.

Does that make it a strong enough case for him to be handcuffed?

AND I KNOW THE WOMEN WERE BEING VIOLENT (OR AT LEAST SHOWCASING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR) IN RESPONSE TO HIS BEHAVIOUR BUT MY QUESTION IS ABOUT HIS BEHAVIOUR SO THEIR REACTION TO HIS BEHAVIOUR IS ANOTHER DEBATE ENTIRELY.

721

Most Helpful Girl

• That is just so ridiculous that I can't even fathom the ridiculousness of it !

Most Helpful Guy

• That's fucking retarded. I bet if a girl made an offensive comment about a guy's appearance nothing would happen.

This isn't anything new tho. Cops are notorious for abusing their power and detaining people for trivial things just to rub their authority in your face. The police force attracts some of the biggest assholes you will ever meet.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, it is called drunk and disorderly conduct. Depends on th level of tolerance a community sets for what they will allow. What you cannot tell from this is there may have been other issues going on previous to this incident where that tolerance level has been tested and he is now reaping the effect of it.

• The girl sooooooo over reacted!

• Well from the cops perspective he was drunk or appeared drunk and seemed to be causing trouble so when he had reason he arrested him.
    He'll probably sit in jail for an hour, just long enough for his parents to be woken up and drive there.
    I guess the take takeaway is not to be mean to random people. So no I don't think it's an overrreaction

• yeah the cops over there find all kinds of reasons to arrest people

• That's ridiculous. That cop doesn't even seem like a real one

• It looks like something that was staged for the video.

What Guys Said 20

• I thinks it's wrong of the cops to handcuff the drunk guy since he wasn't violent and didn't do so much harm. The only thing he did was saying a rude comment. I would understand if the police gave him a warning and said being rude isn't the smartest thing to do around other people who's drunk since it can start a fight. But as long nobody is violent and it doesn't get worse, I don't see the problem. I thinks the cops should rather just stand there and watch if everything is fine, and not act if nothing serious happens.

• Likely an overreaction, but from a legal perspective, the officer was within his power. Discrimination is broad in nature, and making any unwanted comments regarding any of the 12 grounds of protection constitutes harassment:
    - race
    - national or ethnic origin
    - colour
    - religion
    - age
    - sex
    - sexual orientation
    - marital status
    - family status
    - genetic characteristics
    - disability
    - a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.

The officer did not arrest the guy because the dude made the comment. The officer arrested the guy because the woman said it upset her, which is a motion for arrest (where the officer was a witness). He'll probably sit in a jail cell and be let go because the woman is highly unlikely to press charges.

Overall, it is a good lesson in "how not to be an asshole", since it is obvious the parents did not teach this child how not to be a doucheburger.

• Hi ow dose this make the kid a Douchebag and in proper?

• so you think every person who says something mean should be arrested?

• @J-DEEZY

My opinion does not matter here. I am only telling you what the law interprets as discrimination in this video.

If you went up to a handicapped child and started berating the kid because he was disabled, it may constitute harassment based on discrimination (based on the list of discriminatory grounds listed above). I'd worry more about the court of public opinion if you were caught doing that on video vs. any form of arrest or misdemeanor charges.

Making an offensive "joke" to a stranger based on her sex and age is no less a discriminatory act than making a "joke" to a stranger based on their ethnicity, sexual orientation or family status. Calling an Asian a "chink", or a gay person a "faggot" or calling someone unwanted because they were adopted all apply the same way in the law books.

• No he didn't do anything that would be deemed illegal (at least in the US). That is absolutely absurd, but not suprising. I mean if she can be aggressive and slap him and it not be a crime then how the hell is him asking her a question, no matter how offensive, one?

• So that tall guy can talk dirty, rub her stomach, encourage the situation and not attack him. But the dude on the mic gets heat? He handled it well and his teasing is not going far at all. Girls need to stop being insecure about there weight. And didn't that fucking cop or wrestler ( didn't look like a cop) saw that Asian girl trying to hit him? If i were him ( guy with the mic) id report him in and put him on blast.

• Report the cop. That is.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-determined(c).gif

Well explained! I am gonna feature this question because getting opinions to questions is an ass. You earned yourself a follower as well.

• Yup yup yup! Yay! Thanks.

• Yea he didn't deserve to be arrested, but he also shouldn't be acting like a pompous jackass

• Public indecency. You're not actually allowed to run amok intoxicated so legally at any time if you're drunk and causing unrest you're able to be arrested.

Think of it as when everyone goes over the speed limit in an area: Everyone can be stopped at any time for it so some unlucky sod simply gets picked. Having a car blaring music and disturbing the area simply increases the odds it'll be you.

• Cops are always abusing their power and the far right is always defending and justifying why they did it.
    UNLESS the cop interferes with their right to a firearm. The right doesn't care how many constitutional rights are violated as long as it's not their sacred second amendment.

• He did touch her without her permission, what he did could plausibly be considered harassment/disorderly conduct.

• The cop probably just wanted to keep the situation from getting any worse.

• he wasn't arrested he was only handcuffed. they looked into it and released him this is more of an inconvenience then anything and appropriate.

• 0|1
  • i think he got arrested for being a cuck

• They kid is a douchebag but I don't really know if he violated any statutes. I'm not from there so i don't know. Seems unbelievably petty to me. Ask the kid to leave.

• This is another example of why men should not even speak to women.

• lol she probably became a mom that night anyways, hoes gonna be hoes

• I think she's overreacting a simple fuck you and walking away would suffice. and cops when they see the chance to show off their authority they go for it.

• is that Connor Murphy at the end hahaha...
    What idiots

Obviously not because nothing happened and he was just released after. The cop was just trying to impress the girls, thinks he like a white knight or something

• The only reason in this case I could see for an arrest is disturbing the peace but the guy was trying to walk away the the little bitch wouldn't let go of the subject I see no other reason for the arrest.

• 3:30 seconds of my life I can't get a do-over on.

• Wait, what the hell is male privilege? lol

• I don't think so. She overreacted.