Do you think there are more good or bad people in the world?

• I think there is more good.
  • I think there is more bad.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

41115

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this question is wrong. there is no such thing as good person or bad person. these are qualities which exist in a single person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really believe in good or bad in a traditional sense. I believe they are things that are relative to one-another. Everyone believes themselves to be good - even if they are from our perspective, evil. They are living their lives in the ways that is "best" for them. And this is why laws need to exist as a barrier and be strictly enforced so we are protected from things like that.

However, as a question of sort of more general moral principles. I believe most people mean well than not. Everyone is selfish and can certainly be "sinners", but I believe that is natural - we all exist just to live life our own way and put ourselves first. And as long as you can separate selfishness and put morality first, choosing to stick to rigid principles - the ones generally associated with "good", then that's all that matters.

It would be exhausting to believe most people in the world are bad people. Always having to assume the worst in people and be sceptical of them.

What Guys Said 114

• More good people.

• In my opinion, there's more bad than good. I know that sounds pessimistic, but have you seen people these days? People are rude, they are mean, they get annoyed when you ask for help, and they are passing their uncaring traits to their kids. Even my mom says kids are worse than they ever been. Basically, people are really uncaring these days.

Whether you believe in the bible or not... it states that only 144,000 people will be spared from the carnage of the last days. Even the bible knows people are bad these days. 144,000 good people out of the millions of people on Earth says a lot.

• I believe we notice the bad people much more because of how they are and what they do. Good people don't do things that bring much attention to themselves.

• People are not good or bad. It depends how we see them. Each has some good qualities and bad qualities. The quality we like so we categorize them in good and the quality we don't like so we categorize them in bad.

I have not voted for this reason.

Hope it helps Madam.

• Most people are inherently good. Very few people are bad for the sake of being bad. Some are very quick to let their bad side out and find provocation where none was ever intended. They're not bad, simply stupid. There's a big difference.
    What is interesting here is the poll, more women see people from the bad perspective, than from the good. Why is the question.

• Good, large groups of stangers have a tendency to stand against a common enemy/threat, for the greater good, or the primal need if surviving

• We're all good and bad, capable of good and bad things. It depends on how we're brought up, the environment we live in, the stronger traits of our personality and the situations that we have to deal with.

• Humans are inherently selfish in nature, for this reason I feel there are less people who can overcome this programming, than those who succumb to it.

• There are by far, way more, say1000 good to every 1 bad. The reason it seems closer or even more bad then good is because you don't hear the good stuff people do. But when a suicide bomber kills 100's of innocent people, thats headline material. It's in the news.

• I think there are more good, because you only ever hear about the bad ones.
    Generally, people are good, some a just misguided and only a few are genuinely deplorable.

• there has to be balance in my opinion. so ultimately I don't think anyone is more good or bad than the world requires for there to be balance.

• Each person has their own set of morals and a very large part of the population does their best to follow them. Whether we agree on what is right is not the question as I see it, instead I see it as, "Do people believe they are doing good." No matter how mistaken we believe they are, people like the Westboro Baptist Church who protest at the funerals of way veterans still believe they're doing the right thing. I believe that the majority of the population would classify themselves as good, even if I, myself think their reasons for thinking so are wrong.

• More good

• Interesting. About 50/50, a bit more girls on the bad side than the guys

• I think most of the world's problems come from the narrative of good and evil. Hardly anyone actually embraces some evil lifestyle. Everyone is just doing what they think is best, or what they feel they have to do, whether that involves helping kids with cancer or trying to alleviate poverty or raping little boys or torturing people. Only a very small percent of people end up doing those more evil things, and most anyone can be conditioned to do them pretty easily. It's like the Stanford prison experiment (if you don't know what that is I highly suggest you read about it). They aren't sitting there like reveling in evil like some imaginary villain. That's an imaginary image created by people (let's call it group A) to make it easier for them to commit atrocities against the people who they think are like that (let's call them Group B) in the name of Good and Justice or some shit. Then the people in Group B see Group A as that same kind of evil because they are acting like that in their view, and before you know it you have a war.

• good people are more. that's why you see nice guys and nice girls whining and complaining at some point of their lives while the bad boys and bad girls enjoy banging everyone. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• There are probably an equal number of good and bad people in the world, but in between is a huge number of people who are just ignorant, lazy, and self-centered.

• I'm certain there are many more good than bad. Unfortunately, the bad are far worse than the good are good, so we end up with a pretty equal division, but u still think there's more good in the world than bad overall.

As Edmund Burke said, β€œThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

• My thoughts exactly! There are far more good people in the world. But it's kinda like a bad restaurant. If you visit a bad restaurant, you tell everyone you meet not to go there. It's the same if something bad has happened to you. If you visit a good restaurant, you might tell one or maybe two people.

• @Poppykate
      Extending your analogy, even in very bad restaurants, most meals don't make you sick, probably only one meal in 20 makes you sick, but that's more than enough!

• Lol 🀒 True point πŸ‘πŸ»

• good and bad are meaningless words. it really matters who you are in the situation. think of it like this...
    for a wolf to live he must kill and eat a deer.
    but if the wolf doesn't get the deer, the wolf dies of hunger and the deer lives.
    so who is the bad guy the wolf or the deer

• You don't remember the person who held the door open for you, but you do remember the person who cut you off on the highway. I suspect that would skew results in favor of bad

• More good people. There's just also a lot of people who are easily manipulated emotionally/mentally. Like in cities that have the highest of the high crime rates. When it comes down to voting if a politician runs on cracking down on time they don't vote for him, because the people have been manipulated to believe that "cracking down on crime" equates to "racist"/"anti black" and so on. So the same politicians who put the city in the shitty position in the first place get re-elected over and over.

That's why places like that exist. By and large people are mostly good. There just has to be enough people who are emotionally courageous and don't just sway with their emotions.

• I think there is little balance as of today since everybody has his or her good and bad sides. It's all about how we treat strangers, and how strangers treat other strangers. The cycle goes on.

• Good or bad in what ways? Like the extremes? Or just nice guy/assholes?
    If u mean the former, good. If u mean the latter, definitely bad

• 1|0
  • There are good people but they are kind of hidden I am not able to express in words what I meant by this πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• You have to define good and bad.

As long as you define bad as people who know what they're doing is wrong and do it anyways, then bad people are a small minority.

• you're opening up a hundred year long debate here lol

• @Atreyu I'm really not.

Morality doesn't exist in nature. Can animals do right or wrong? Even early humans were basically like animals. Morality is an artificial concept created by fallible humans. There is no absolute good aND evil. The only true immortality is going against your own moral values, and if that's what the OP is asking, then people like Jeffrey Dahmer are 1 in a million.

• although I respect your opinions, I don't think this is the right forum for such an in depth and well documented debate.

the nature vs nurture debate is probably the most debated topic is all phycology.

we can go back and forth on the morality vs id
      normal vs abnormal
      right vs wrong
      until the cows come home. and although it works really well for thought experiments it has little affect on our lives or society. but what I know for a fact is that over the internet it's almost guaranteed to be nothing but a baseless argument lol I mean we already disagreed on it being a debate!

• there is no real answer to this question, most people aren't inherently good or bad, most people are in the grey area in between, few people in the world are mostly good or bad.

• I believe everyone is inherently good, but circumstances and bad choices fuck them into a bad state.

• There are a lot average people in the world trying to be good and scared to be bad

• Neutral I'd say, but if I had to choose between the two options here, then bad.

• More from Guys
    84

What Girls Said 40

• You have to remember that good and bad are subjective. Morals and ethics vary a lot, and many issues are not black and white. What some might consider evil, others could consider good.

However, if by your question you mean do most people try to do the right thing? Then yes, I believe so. Keep in mind how you feel when you do the right thing vs when you do the wrong thing, whatever those things are to you. The majority of people get those same feelings, so doing the right thing is actually beneficial in that way. This is complicated by societal pressures although, again, whether what a society values as the right thing to do is highly subjective.

• I think everyone is good in the world; the bad ones were just mistreated and have become who they are to avoid being hurt or rejected again :)

• Some days I feel there are more evil people in this world than there are good, but then something will happen to change my mind. People honestly do surprise me. Though I must say, watching social experiments do make me want to change my mind and say there are more bad people than good. But the definition of a bad person can be subjective.

Is a bad person to you someone who is down right evil? Or someone who doesn't always do the right thing? People aren't perfect. Nobody can ALWAYS be a saint or what we call a good person. There will be days when you're kind and others when you're nasty. Does that make you a bad person though?

• I think there is a HUGE category in between good and bad that most fit into.

Most are very self absorbed and worried about their own self their own life their own things their own people their own small circle to care about anyone else outside of it.

Does that make them good or bad?

To me I don't tend to think people like that are good people but I guess to those in their circle they are good.

• We all have both good and bad in us. Except for monks and Philosophers who have found a way to live without being negatively affected by the crap that fills the world. But then again, we have those kind of people committing crimes, so maybe we're all the same at the end of the day.

• I would say its about even. If it were not, the world would be better or much worse

• i think there's more bad people

• I believe that we're all good people, even the ones who have committed crimes. They started off as sweet kids, but if you think about it, it's all in you're head. I guess some just have a harder time controlling these voices in our own heads, which causes them to lose control.

• I would say more bad people. Otherwise, our world wouldn't have so many problems.

• Bad people are way more than good people

• I think there is more stupid

• You use Meg Griffin as you picture for bad people! Smh I see how it is...
    😠

• I thought about you when I used that picture actually lol

• No i thought person with meg picture will comment lol

• Ohh so you're trying to get my attention I see 😘 Well it worked πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

• I think there's an equal balance. Anyone who says there's more than one of the other only believes that because that's mostly what they see. There has to be a balance between the two or else chaos would ensue. But you have to think of subjective viewpoints. Conservatives may see liberals as bad and vice versa.

• Definitely more good. It's just that the bad is louder.

• More bad. I find that most people who I come across even the ones who appear to be nice and genuine are always sneaky. Everyone has a past that they do not want you to know about.

• People are generally with good intentions.

• Trick question. I think that majority of "bad" people only do bad things because they feel that they have no other alternative, but would ultimately do "good" if they had more options.

Ok, I guess this is the same as thinking most are good.

• by the way, Meg as the representation of "bad" is deliciously ironic! She's "crazy" because she's the only good sane person in that family, and they all but hate her for it! A direct example of what I was saying!

• Good

• Selfishness and narcissism are an American epidemic.

• Not just the USA... the entire Anglo world & most Western 1st World countries !!

• @FatherJack so sad. I'm a nurse. We all go in a box and the only thing that lasts is love the living have for you.

• I only have my children & that's it... I'm on my own in this life ( FT working single dad ) glad I'm very independent & can keep going , yep you are right , it is sad.

• More bad people.

• Nope more bad people. Yes I'm a pessimist.

• It's hard to separate most people into "good" and "bad." There are the really good and the really bad, but most of us fall somewhere in the middle. I think most people are self-serving but don't directly intend to cause harm. And there are a lot of us who are trying to be better but have a long way to go.

• But what really makes a person "good" or "bad"? We all have bad and good traits. Most people believe that murdering is far more bad than lying, but they are both bad things.

• I think everyone is good deep in the heart. Unless they are sociopaths or psychopaths

• There are more good.

• more good, but people are spineless and stay quiet.

• definitely more good people

• I think we're overall bad and good. Than there's that small percentages of fucking evil people or too kind to be real.

• Lots and lots of bad.

• Every human is bad, only Jesus who is God were good and sinfree.

• no thats being perfect and pure you dont have to be a superhuman spirit to be good humans can be good aswell

• Mark 10:18. Humans can be "good" in one way but not 100% only God is perfect 😊

• More from Girls
    10