Is printing more money a good idea in this world where people deal with skyrocketing expenses?

• Yes, it is a good idea. I'm sure it will solve problems.
    Vote A
  • No, it's not a good idea. It will make things worse.
    Vote B
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're talking to an expert here!

Money printing is a transfer of wealth from working people and retirees to the federal government and to the Wall St. banks. Money printing is a sign of a large and growing national debt that must be refinanced, out of control government spending and high tax rates that can;t be raised any higher. If this cycle continues it will lead to hyperinflation and the total destruction of the currencies purchasing power.

However, money printing hasn't destroyed America yet because the petrodollar is still the world's reserve currency. Which means that we can export our inflated dollars overseas to buy imports, That's the only reason why the feds money printing hasn't already hyperinflated the dollar into oblivion. We simply export much of our inflation problem to other countries. So, given our monstrous debt situation, money printing is actually still working out pretty well for America. Although it can't go on indefinitely.

Here are some videos that everyone should definitely watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfYQaTxauL8&spfreload=10https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miD_mtAEdRs&spfreload=10https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5dkOruB9U&spfreload=10

3|3
    0|0
    • Thank you for the videos! i'll check them out :)

Most Helpful Girl

• "B" for Not Best from the Rest.
    With nothing to Back this Here, dear, the End... Is Near. Economic Collapse is Still very Imminent.
    Be prepared and prep!!
    Good luck. xx

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Economics 101: the more you have of something the less valuable it has. Stupid idea, ask Zimbabwe. Needed to pay debts lie kany gov't that spends more than it takes in taxes so they simply printed more money to pay it. A few short decades of that and 100,000,000,000,000 note was worth $1.50. It got to the point it was literally losing half it's value DAILY (compared to about 25-30 years for the US$) and by the time the gov't designed a new note it wasn't even worth the paper it was printed on before it was even released to the national banks. And even before that it reached the point practically no one would accept it for payment it got so unstable, it was barter, gold or a few foreign currencies that are still used today (equivalent to no store or person wanting the US$ and only taking Mexican Pesos or Canadian $).

3|2
    0|0
    • I don't want that to happen again!

• No. By adding more currency the value of the dollar goes down. What really needs to happen is all small coin currency should be eliminated and have everything in whole numbers. Also, either cost of living should go down or minimum wage needs to go up.

1|1
    0|0
    • Everything is connected. If the minimum wage goes up, so does cost of living because the market has a guarantee that everyone would afford their goods.

• Ah. Marketing rules, they are so logically illogical I forget about them.

• No, that would bring our economy even further out of balance, making the value of the money we have now go down. That leads to rising prices, and we don't want that.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't know too much of currency and how it works but obviously printing more of it can lead to the value of it going down. take Germany after ww1 for example.

also one thing to note which is my thoughts. having more of something makes it less valuable. rare is more valuable. I don't know of it was dust bowl or sometime where there was a lot of corn or something grown in the u. s and all these new machines available to increase harvest a lot and they did harvest a lot and so because there was a lot the value went down.
    Also why certain cars where there is only let's say 15 in the world are so valued. so more X currency out there, less valuable it is

Just my opinion there

1|0
    0|0
  • No it's not a good idea anyone with basic knowledge of how currency and economics works knows this.

When you bring about a surplus of any item or currency into a market or economy it goes down in value and or demand. And if you flood an economy with a surplus of money, it devalues the money and causes inflation which is bad.

If you want to solve things you need to bring in into the job market and economy jobs, industry and trade.

1|0
    0|0
  • INFLATION. Learn the concept.

3|2
    1|0
  • i think the problem is that things people had in the past are now... privilages, for example having your own house was the norm 50 years ago, these days with bigger population we simply can't afford to build a house for each family we lack the land and the space plus it costs much more more money and effort, i think if people tone it down a bit and a live a little more humbly our problems will be solved, i see families with 3 cars, go on vacations 4-5 times a year for 2 weeks each time, eat out once a week, buy expensive things... etc

we have way too many expenses that can be cut down in half easily.

1|0
    0|0
  • printing money is a method to control the economy of a nation. it is only one part of a quite complicated equation nothing more nothing less.
    i does devalues purchasing power but on the other hand makes exports cheaper and makes the US more competitive

2|1
    0|0
  • No. Currency must be controlled strictly. Each dollar has a set value printing more devalues it. Hyper inflation was caused in the German Weimar Republic by printing too much money. People were wheeling wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread.

1|1
    0|0
    • A wagon for a loaf of bread? That's inconvenient!!

• It was probably cheaper to burn money than buy firewood

• That wouldn't help.

Imagine for a moment all the stuff we make every year on the planet, and all the services we deliver.

If you print more money, it just changes (maybe) who GETS the stuff (basically whoever you give the money to gets more stuff than before, other people will have to get less). It doesn't create more stuff. The mechanism by which the same 'stuff' gets spread around differently is that prices go up a little.

The only way to make everyone better off, or people on average better off, is if we get more productive so we can produce more 'stuff'. Everything else is just changing who gets the stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lord no. that's how we get runaway inflation and next thing you know it'll take a wheelbarrow full of hundo's just to buy a loaf of bread.

1|1
    0|0
  • Economy is a tough thing to balance and it's not as easy of a solution to just print money.

1|1
    0|0
  • That guy that last ran Yugoslavia used to do that. It was his solution to all of Yugoslavia's problems. Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes. I've read about that :(

• No that's not the solution. That would make the inflation unstable and worse for everybody

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope it's not a good idea it will make things worse more supply of money will lead to other problems

2|0
    0|0
  • Of course not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just print the money only for me and my finances will at least be balanced ;P

1|0
    0|0
  • I want the printing machine :)

1|0
    0|0
  • no, the only way to save this country is war (to politicians at least)

1|0
    0|0
    • That's just irrational for them to think like that. No country benefits from wars.

• It's devaluing the dollar even more and stealing from the average joe. The gubermint has to reign in its spending.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, lets just give everyone a million dollars a year and there will be no more poor people.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.

Next question?

0|0
    0|0
  • America has been doing this lol when gold and oil runs out i wonder whats left to bargain with probably water next

0|0
    0|1
    • Once the petro dollar collapses so does America. As an anarchist I can't wait.

• Yeah no inflation will not help

0|0
    0|0
  • Its important to keep providing the laziest segments of our population with free stuff, so either cut back on freebies, raise taxes or print more money

0|0
    0|0
  • printing more money when interest rates are very low can give economy a little boost.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, printers ran out of ink. They use blood now.

1|0
    0|0
  • no thats gonna make things worse

1|1
    0|0
  • That's not how economics works.

1|1
    0|0
  • It will cause inflation. The money won't be worth much.

2|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• That's not how it works.

1|1
    0|0
  • There's plenty enough money in circulation already.. people just have to not be greedy.. but putting more into circulation would only cause prices to rise along with the average person's income. You can see this when you look back at how much things used to cost a dozen or so years ago compared to now.. "penny candy" was a real thing.. now it's like a dollar for a candy bar.. along with minimum wage etc. hope this helps! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, inflation has caused economic depressions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Inflation. You print more money, it'll reduce the value of the money and make everything more expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Printing more money is like seeing a tumor and going: "Oh, that's a big tumor you got there! Let me put this colorful band-aid over it. Awww, all better. :) "

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the value of the dollar goes down when more is printed.

0|0
    0|0
  • it won't solve anything

1|0
    0|0