Are the words you say when you're angry the truth - are they how you really feel?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

823

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I always say what I mean. Sometimes I exaggerate but I generally have a talented to remain pretty cool-headed even if I'm very angry. I don't ever say things such as "I hate you" unless I actually truly mean them (which I don't think has ever happened so far).

I do have a bad habit of name-calling people sometimes when I'm very angry. However, it takes quite a lot to get me to that level of anger. But even if I call the other person an "asshole", that's the only thing I say that I don't mean. If it's about my feelings towards that person or my thoughts about our relationship, I am very careful to only say the truth. I've also never told my wife that I want to break it up with her, no matter how big the fight was. In my opinion, you just don't do that unless you've been thinking about it for a long time and you truly mean it (in which case it better to say it in a calm situation).

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people like to attack one's insecurities when they are mad because they know it will get to them. Sometimes people are actually spitting out truth. Sometimes they don't actually mean it. When I am angry, I am telling you the truth about yourself, because that is what made me angry. You are being a douche and now it ruined my mood. So, I am going to tell you exactly who you are and hopefully next time you'll think twice before doing that to me again.

What Guys Said 22

• everything we say is truth in that it expresses the reality of what we feel in that moment. but when we are angry often times we say things that are not what we truly feel or think

• Not necessarily. You say words out of anger to hurt someone. Whatever you think will hurt someone you will say, regardless of how you feel.

• Yes and no. When you're emotionally charged you'll say things that you feel, but not necessarily things you truly think, or truly want when you consciously think about what you want. When your emotions overwhelm you you're not conscious and you'll say/do things you normally wouldn't, but in the moment you want it. You may get in a huge blowout argument and in a fit of rage tell someone you don't care if they live or die. Then they die the next day and you'll break down, regret ever saying that to them and feel guilty for years to come, because you said something you didn't really mean. You just expressed a feeling. A feeling of anger, contempt, hatred.

Whatever it may be. You're expressing it, even if the logical words weren't entirely accurate to what you really meant. a lot of the times the words don't matter. The feelings do. For example when someone says, Fuck You they could be saying, "i'm angry with you" or they could be saying "haha that was funny, but messed up to say", or several other things. What they're saying isn't necessarily what they're saying. When a woman asks her man, "does this make me look fat?" she could be saying logically does this highlight my figure well, but more than likely she's really saying, "i'm feeling insecure and i'm looking for comfort".
    That's why the proper response to that question is always, "I love you" lol. Because the emotions matter and if you do as a guy get caught in that word trap you're either the dick who called her fat or the liar that didn't tell her she's fat xD.

• When someone is really emotional (angry usually), they'll say things that will release their emotions/anger.

There will usually be a lot of truth to their hurtful comments when angry, though they will usually come out far, far harsher when they're emotional than how they normally feel.

• Not all the time

• No. They're screams of desperation, frustration, anger. A person is out of their mind in this state - you can't believe anything they say.

• I've said plenty of shit I don't mean while raging out. Sometimes you're just mad with somebody and want to knife them with your words. Sure, ugly truths and sides of people can be revealed in anger but its less black & white than that.

• In not all cases. I believe we say things out of anger
    and not mean it than after words are exchanged than
    we feel bad about it.

• Yes, when I'm angry I raise my voice and say all the things I had locked in a cage in my head for too long

• No. They're the products of rage. Some truth is in them, but it's so inflated with anger it's hard to find the truth.

• Oh really? I am not who I was yesterday, nor am I who I was when I started typing this sentence.. Nor am I who I will be tomorrow. So who am I? Am I all of these people, or none of them?

• Yep sure are.

• Absolutely.

• Yes for sure

• Truth! when your body and mind are enraged, you don't have the time to shout out lies! The truth is coming out! It's also a feeling, you're telling how you feel truthfully!

• Yes because there is no longer a filter on what's being said

• both most likely

• I'm always angry. the truth is a great way to release some anger by hurting others feelings.

• no, I mostly just wanna hurt you because my culture told me that if I hit you I'm a badman

• 50/50

• I try to get angry even when lying when I want to get my job done

• How we feel but not always the truth, you're basically saying something at the heat of the moment and it may not always be the case

What Girls Said 7

• Said yes but really BOTH, because it depends on if the anger is rational or irrational. I have said "I hate you mum" who love very dearly for when i was stressed and angry, but its not true. Then another time I said some very blunt things to my best friend when I was frustrated, it was what i thought but did not have to be said like how i did, it upset them and just made me feel bad.

• For me, it's always the Real Deal as to how I Feel. xx

• I usually say whatever it is just to uhm hurt the other person sadly but not of it is stuff that I would actually say to them when I'm like calm

• Most likely it's the truth. Because it takes a lot to get me mad. I've learned to hold my tongue. So if I get angry about something it's probably because it's something that's been bothering me for a while and I'm just now saying something about it

• When you are angry you tend to say the truth without compassion. Its not an admirable thing, but I think it's unavoidable and everyone does it.

• No sometimes I'm just trying to hurt them back

• yes they are what you really thing