Should females get free tampons and pads?

I can see both the pros and cons:

Pro.
- Only one of the sexes gets periods and therefor it wouldn't be fair between the sexes if they've to pay for it
- Females don't choose to get the period

Cons.
- Food, medications etc. is human needs and not everybody can get free supply; things they needs to survive. It's also a necessarily like tampons and pads.
- It would be expensive and is tax payers supposed to pay it?
Should females get free tampons and pads?#Period #FreePadsAndTampons #PadsTampons
  • Yes (Explain why, please)
  • No (Explain why, please)

90101

Most Helpful Girl

• No.
    No necessity is free, it's just part of life that you need to purchase it and there are varying levels of brand and quality to help cover a range of economic living situations, including reusable products. Toilet paper isn't free, electricity isn't free, hell - water isn't even free.
    A complete waste of resources to have feminine hygiene subsidised by anyone when there are homeless and starving people out there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Should homeless get free tampons, pads, food etc? Just asks because I'm curios and since you mentioned them.

• Your logic is simple to the point I like it. I just stop trying to use that argument that you just made because since I am a guy most girls would just start accusing me of being a sexist.

• @gianna80 also technically a lot of establishments only let their customers use toilets, so if you're a paying customer you're technically paying for the toilet paper too. As for establishments that don't use this rule, they're still expecting that the majority of people using their toilets are people who are paying customers - or potential paying customers. Toilets are also beneficial in the long run for malls and similar establishments because they increase positive customer experiences. Wouldn't want to go to a mall that didn't have a toilet. So not only do you sometimes have to pay to use the toilet, but in general it's also beneficial in many ways for the establishment to have one.

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that we need certain things does not mean that someone else should provide them for us. If I need a girlfriend, should the government import a Russian bride for me? If I "need" a car, should the government give me one? When we say "the government," of course the government can only act by collecting taxes from everyone, so we should be saying "my neighbors should provide me with a girlfriend, or a car, or pay my rent, etc." Why should my neighbors be required to do that.

These questions contain an inherent deception. "Should females get free tampons and pads?" Where can you get such things at no cost? Nothing is free; someone must pay for it.

If healthcare could be truly "free," of course it would be great for everyone to have access to the best healthcare. However, it is not free and someone must pay. So the question really is "should your neighbors be required to pay for your healthcare if you cannot afford it yourself?"

Political conservatives are not opposed to people having access to healthcare but the left makes such accusations to demonize us. Conservatives are opposed to a government which assumes more and more control of our lives because there is no history of any totalitarian government which truly functioned to advance the welfare of the populace.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE