Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?

I've seen several politicians in different European countries talking about a ban. It's illegal in some European countries to wear burqa and niqab in public, but hijab is still legal. Other countries is considering banning it's [All of them] use in school, jobs and other public places. I'm wondering what your opinion is.

Here's my opinion:
I thinks people should be allowed to wear what they wants to in their spare time, but jobs and schools should be allowed to have some dress codes and have policy about being religion and politically neutral in clothes. I'm not saying it should be mandatory, but just an option for workplaces etc. if they wants to. Just because I thinks it's fine with a dress code doesn't mean I'm for a school uniform in school.
Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?#Hijab #OutfitBan #HijabBan

(The B option's picture is just an example, not necessary these you would ban)

• Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?I'm for a ban (Explain)
  • Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?I'm only for banning some of them, not all (Explain)
  • Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?I'm for only banning them in public, not private (Explain)
    Vote C
  • Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?Schools, jobs etc. should be allowed to have a dress code against it
    Vote D
  • Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?I thinks it should be encouraged to not wear it, but not a ban
    Vote E
  • Are you for or against a hijab, burqa and niqab ban?I'm against a ban (Explain)
    Vote F
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote G
A person on GAG wrote a MyTake as a respond to my question.
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a48552-why-banning-facial-wear-is-a-terrible-idea

4968

Most Helpful Girl

• I have mixed opinions about this. On one hand, I fully support everyone's right to follow whatever religion they want, and clothing is sometimes a big part of religion. So due to religious freedom, that should not be banned. On the other hand, from what I have heard, the burqa and niqab are not actually requirements in Islam. I believe those are simply more of a cultural thing in certain Middle Eastern countries (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) so in that case, it shouldn't be treated the same as clothing that is strictly religious.

I can see how completely covering your face can be a security issue in public. I know in many places masks and other things that cover the face are not allowed so it would make sense to ban them for the sake of consistency with other laws.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, obviously I'm NOT for a ban. Because that would infringe on someone's right to wear these pieces of clothing if they truly wanted to. My opinion on the hjibab and similar articles of clothing? Outright female oppression. These women in these countries that have a belief in wearing such clothing are usually not as free as the men. They are beholding on the wishes of the man and these women are repressed. Many women claim this to be true. How can you cover up your body and face and not be oppressed? It's to control these women. When it comes to workplace policy, the employer can decide what constitutes proper attire and uniform. Just like tattoos must be covered, some instances hijabs must be removed.