What are your thought on the Boston "white supremacy" rally?

What are your thought on the Boston
Yes, this is the "white supremacist" rally the news talked about today in Boston.

828

Most Helpful Girl

• Those people can literally fist themselves dry with a steel hand.

• the white supremicists***

• All day the media has been calling this rally a "white supremacist" rally.
      Well, one of the people who helped lead the rally was Indian.

• That... already sounds ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• So where are the "white supremacists?" Am I missing something? :) :) :)

• The media didn't even call them white supremacists. The media said it was a mostly peaceful protest and some white supremacists came. It is not like this guy says that the protest in general was said to be a white supremacist protesr

• Ofcourse... Get your transcripts or anything like that otherwise it will just be your anecdotal evidence which means absolutely nothing. You would also think there is some sort of consistency between the articles and the news, especially from things like CNN. But then it's just 'cut out', so you don't have to back up your statement

• @tartaarsaus I didn't mean they cut out the video in articles, I mean they edited the articles.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm confused. The picture doesn't highlight anything that specifically refers to whites as supreme.

• The media is liberal bull shit.

• Not a 'White Supremacist' rally. There may have been white supremacists there, but it was a free speech rally that Antifa crashed. Which really does say something about Antifa, doesn't it?

• My dad drove in that area today (he's a taxi driver) and said that the typically busy area was empty because everyone went to the rally.

• Why am I not suprised you asked this question and completely ignored the violence

• I'm confused.. am I missing something in the picture? I actually live in Boston

• White supremacists can go fuck themselves with a chainsaw.

What Guys Said 27

• Bunch of miserable pricks, that's all I can really say to this.

• What makes them pricks?

• "
      As for the thing you said first: it is true that sweeping generalizations are unfair. I think the major difference between me and far-right people however is that I don't hate the people themselves as human beings, I dislike their mentality and culture (or parts thereof). And that doesn't just go for Russians of course. I also strongly dislike Saudi Arabian culture for example. "

Again there. That's your personal assessment of them as an entire group. You're making a justification based on an assumption that THOSE people are hateful, but you are the angelic figure that is above that. So it's justified for you to make that sweeping generalization, while it isn't that way for others. That's faulty thinking.

• You seem to vindicate yourself by saying, while you only "dislike" them. THEY are HATEFUL and HATE is WRONG! Well, maybe they just "dislike" particular people as well. Based on cultural or any number of other reasons in particular. I'm not saying they're right. I'm saying making your claim is no more substantive than ones they would make. at least based on the logic behind it.

• I'm not convinced they were all white supremacists. They got proper permits to assemble there and it was peaceful up until the police showed up and started pushing them out into a crowd of black lives matter protesters and that's when it started.

Personally, I don't trust the news and I'm not ready to believe that the person who drove their car through the crowd was part of the movement. I would be willing to bet that no one knows that guy and there's gonna be someone on the news who claims to have known that guy but they won't be any of the people who are well known within the protesting group.

• White supremacist seems to be the go to insult by a lot of these leftish. If you don't agree with everything we say you must be a white supremacist, if you don't love Hillary Clinton and voted for Trump then your a white supremacist, if you see anything Antifa or BLM does as wrong at one of these rallies than your a white supremacist.

This becomes almost like some kids on a play ground arguing. Not everyone's going to share the same exact beliefs as you. Groups like the KKK's number had gone down quite a lot because they were out of sight and out of mind. You give them attention and then attack the shit out of them don't be surprised if some people become sympathetic.

Finally a Nationalist does not exactly make someone a Nazi or a supremacist.

• I love the "If you voted for Trump, you're a white supremacist!" argument. Yeah, a white supremacist for not voting for a white woman lol

• I'm really proud of my city today. Take that dumb shit somewhere else🖕😒🖕 Most of those bitchmade bigots didn't even show up. 617 for life, bay-bayyyyy☘️😎

• Dude, they call everyone that's not far left "white supremacists", look at the people in Charlottesville protesting the removal of the statues.

I believe that there probably were some Neo-Nazis and KKK memebers there, but to hear it on the news it was a "white supremacist" rally. Every time that they refer to any white nationalist have you ever noticed that they always use "White Supremacist"?

It's basically like a giant straw man fallacy. They try to lump everyone that doesn't fall for their propaganda and that doesn't push their agenda into the same category and call them "white supremacists" to discredit them without ever having to respond rationally.

• It helps them justify things like "punching Nazis" and responding to "fascists" with violence without having to acknowledge the fact that they're the fascists.

All the while without any sense of irony or self awareness whatsoever!

• I've heard it was a free speech rally, I've heard it was a white supremacist rally. But like most people I didn't do my research on it. But unlike most people I don't have am opinion on it, because I really don't know.
    White Supremacy is bad. Antifa is evil. But I really just don't care about this one.

• It was a freaking joke with the police commissioner saying the troublemakers who got arrested weren't affiliated with either side... c'mon now, it was mostly counter protesters with the biggest troublemakers being antifa. The news stating it was all peace and love when most of the signs were all blm and hate towards bigotry and white supremecy. Seriously, the rally was about free speech, but nobody even spoke and all the counter protesters were convinced it was going to be a hate speech. I'm kind of sickened by the whole thing. I don't support white supremists or bigotry, but this is ridiculous

• I could literally find nothing that said they were white supremacists or violent.

CNN:
    "Thousands of counterdemonstrators marched Saturday in downtown Boston in a largely peaceful response to a self-described free speech rally that had sparked concerns of possible violence" The mayor says: ""It's clear today that Boston stood for peace and love, not bigotry and hate," Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said."

CBC:
    "Thousands of people took to the streets of Boston on Saturday to protest hate speech a week after a woman was killed at a Virginia white-supremacist demonstration, and their shouts drowned out the "Free Speech" rally that sparked the counter-protest." Then they say the protesters went to protest for the right reasons. It makes no mention of white supremacists or anything related to the protestors like that.

Thinkprogress:
    "A so-called “free speech” rally in Boston on Saturday is expected to draw some of the same white supremacist groups that participated in the violent events of Charlottesville last weekend." So, it doesn't call them white supremacists. It says there are white supremacists.

The New York times:
    "Tens of thousands of demonstrators, emboldened and unnerved by the eruption of fatal violence in Virginia last weekend, surged into the nation’s streets and parks on Saturday to denounce racism, white supremacy and Nazism."

Los Angeles Times:
    'Thank God nobody got hurt': Boston protesters gather peacefully a week after Charlottesville violence'

Please elaborate where they are called white supremacists. I couldn't find it in any of the papers I looked up.

The mistake you are making is that the papers say SOME. white supremacists were coming, they didn't call ALL protestors white supremacists

• He likes to show the world how much of a snowflake he is.

• @FashionKiller what am I denying?
      I have already gave you evidence that backed up my claim and both of you failed to give evidence to the contrary.

• You know this little game of yours is getting really tiresome. Me and tartaarsaus are done with this crap you can play alone. Or with the other sheeps that blindly believe your victim propaganda

• most weren't supremacists, there were kkk and neo-nazis but they weren't the majority, while the right need to do more to expell the extremists the left need to stop turning into fascists using violence to silence the right

• I haven't looked into this

Can I have a quick rundown please?

• Some people in Boston had a free speech rally. All the media kept saying this rally is a white supremacist rally.
      Well, one of the people who helped lead it was Indian...

• Hahahahahaha I bet it was CNN who called it a white supremacist rally

With the way that the left is behaving nowadays they are worse than the way the USSR behaved towards dissidents. Silencing anyone who has a different thought, silencing anyone who dares to have a rational argument. Yet they claim to be "critical thinkers"

Such lunacy, it's sickening to watch them refuse to denounce antifa and the alt-left in general.

• Maybe I'm not sufficiently into the story but those messages don't look shocking... don't see any hate messages so except if they've misbehaved in any way I guess it's just a normal manifestation.
    I could be missing a vital piece of the puzzle though, living 4000 miles away :o

• The little boy that cried Nazi

• I honestly don't care anymore America is America and it will never change just a place full of people who shout this and that with lots of lies deceit and backstabbing.
    I stopped caring about any and all attacks because they're most just lied about on the media but when a bomb hits a hospital in Syria or what nothing on the news.
    So why should I care about this let them all kill each other don't give a damn.

• Are you an American?

• And now your reporting comments because you can't win pathetic

• You can keep saying this but fact is it isn't changing anything your just looking sillier and sillier your digging yourself a bigger hole.
      Me: 1+1= 2
      You: Get help
      Your in denial 👍🏻👏🏻😂

• Couldn't care less

• It's a distraction from the real reason why racism is becoming an epidemic: scarcity of resources. In my psychology book, racism and prejudice tends to occur during times of competition for scarce resources. This is why tribalism tends to occur in poor nations. The real reason why this country is heading towards the shitter is extreme income inequality during a time of technological unemployment, when most jobs- both physical and creative, are being replaced by machine labor. This is making the value of hiring low skilled workers less important. We are heading towards a technological singularity and the rich are ruining our country by continually bribing politicians for tax breaks and subsidies, which doesn't make sense in a climate of rising productivity from technological improvements. Donald Truml proposed legislation to cut taxes on the rich again, which will worsen our debt significantly, increase interest rates, which only the elite can afford, and force the government to reduce basic infrastructure that keeps social capital strong.

• When you say resources... what are you talking about?

• You mean food stamps and welfare

• Yes. Food stamps is a better alternative than minimum wage, which harms small businesses. 50% of food stamp recipients are children. Also, people are misinformed about credit and don't understand basic economics.

• I think that Racism is a bunch of BS! All people should be created equal. Last time I checked we were in the 21st century last time I checked. Slavery has long been over with and should have never existed. Over a persons skin color? Really people!
    If any type should exist. It should be exactly what Trump is doing with the terrorist's and keeping freeloders out of our country that want to come have 2-10 babies and live off of my hard earned taxes instead of it going to take care of our deficit, schools, roads etc...
    As long as your working, looking for a job and not trying to kill people or us your good in my book!
    Im sorry, but to me this is common sense and your ignorant if you think any other way!

• assets.nydailynews.com/.../race-rallies-boston.jpg

The little group under the gazebo is the white supremacists. The massive group surrounding them, which extends all the way to the streets, are the counterprotesters aka non crazies. As a minority in America, this made me happy.

• whether or not some group gets violent doesn't make them better or worse. it's the poison being spewed out by divisive hate monger'ers under the guise of free speach that is so offensive. just because you have the freedom to say something doesn't mean you have anything worth saying. oh, and for all of idiots for "purity" of the race, I dare you to get a genetic heritage test to see what a mutt you really are.

• in boston, they just call that a Wednesday...

• The counter rallies in Massachusetts far outnumbered the others by like 10-1.

• And what was the message of said counter rally? Was it that no one should be allowed to speak if they don't share the same views?

• Um, their message was that everyone should have the right to speak, that is it. They really didn't do anything else but support the first amendment.

• Given the current political climate they were probably worried about a repeat of what happened elsewhere in the country.

• Im just seeing No to GMO's and thinking ahhh fuck... who let the crazies out of their basements.

• if I was white supremacist I wouldn't actually congregate in any way shape or form in public for fear of being Bomb shot or otherwise you know

• "White supremacy" is just code for being pro-White.

• Just some more wackos out there.

• If anyone actually followed the rally they'd know it was a rally for "free speech". Of all people.. They publicly and constantly stated their disagreement with "white supremacy" followers. This was a rally for speech of all people and it included people from multiple races. Then according to reports, BLM and ANTIFA show up and get into fights with police.

• They all look depressed.

• Pussy "white supremacists" we need something more radical not that shit wtf