How do you feel about Public Breastfeeding?

Would you feel uncomfortable if you were in a public place (bus/shop/restaurant/library etc) and a woman was breastfeeding her child? Would you want her to stop? Please explain your reasoning.

• I would feel a bit uncomfortable and want her to stop.
  • I wouldn't feel uncomfortable and don't mind seeing it.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

533

Most Helpful Girl

• No. If it bothered me (which it doesn't) I have this thing called a neck, and I can do this impressive thing where I turn it so I'm no longer looking at her.

It doesn't effect me. A woman has to feed her baby, and she can't exactly just choose to never see the light of day because someone can't control themselves enough to not see a woman nursing her child as sexual. Yes, I get it, boobs are sexy, but you know what's not? Infants nursing off of them. If it gives you an awkward boner or whatever that's your problem. (not YOU as in YOU personally by the way, I am speaking generally)

• I didn't mean "uncomfortable" in a sexy way but I know that some strange people out there might get turned on by that fact. I did mean people being disgusted. Here in England where I'm from, there has been a lot of talk about Public Breastfeeding recently.

• ok when and where?

• @The_Gentelman That's a creepy response.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't be uncomfortable with it at all, it's totally cool. if I needed to feed my kid, I'd have no issue doing it in public, so it seems a bit silly to be offended by another woman doing it :P

• I don't care and besides it's pretty normal here, I'm respectful and simply don't stare when I see a woman feeding her child

• It's just a baby getting fed. I don't care.

• Why'd it bother me? It's what boobs are for!

What Guys Said 33

• i wouldn't be uncomfortable and just don't look.

it's a biological need so i don't see why anyone should have an issue with a mother feeding their child

• It's a natural thing. I have 5 sisters, almost all of them have kids and they all breastfeed (though I've not seen them do it in public). I really don't get the aversion. I don't really get why breasts are considered sexual objects in the first place. I mean a guy can go shirtless and no one has an issue with it, but for whatever reason it's not okay for gals? I don't get it but it is what it is. At any rate... I don't have any issues with it. Just let the lady feed her baby and stop making a big deal out of a mom doing what she's supposed to do.

• Usually you can't see anything besides the back of some baby's head so I don't really understand why that would make someone uncomfortable. Besides, baby bottles have nipples and are sucked on the same way as a booby so it's fairly common to see kids sucking away. I'd think the only ones who would be bothered by it are somewhat perverted thinkers (including the ones who complain about there kids having to see it.)

• Its no big deal tbh. Women have been breastfeeding in public for decades and its never been a big issue. I have noticed though that some women do try to overexpose themselves in order to try and make a statement which I find really annoying, but they are a small minority of mothers.

• No it wouldn't bother me, but Id be pretty uncomfortable if I were the lady breastfeeding, I could never do that in public so props to her haha!

• Personally, I just look the other way, it is rather uncomfortable when they're trying to talk to you..
    It's not hard to have a cover with you! Just saying, either way, doesn't bother me much.

• Honestly I feel much more uncomfortable with women wearing shorts. While I do not see breast-feeding as a sexual thing at all, since there is a fucking child involved, provocking clothes make me nervous and I usually just start watching outside of the window, for example on a train.

• It's 100% natural and innocent.

• If a mom is feeding her baby it should be disregarded. Don't stare or anything out of respect. But heh, If it's just a girl standing there with her nip hanging out I mean I'm not complaining, howyoudoin.

• When I notice, I just look away and smile. I was probably just looking at the baby, I love babies. :)

• It's natural and only certain people want to have a problem with it. All id do is not stare or make a woman breastfeeding uncomfortable

• I wouldn't feel I would be indifferent. I would try not to make her feel del conscious but I would be about my buisness

• Don't mind but I don't like infants at restaurants or theaters, but that's not due to breastfeeding that do to possibility of a crying child. public breastfeeding, fine by me probability wouldn't notice in most cases.

• I would feel uncomfortable but see the need and support her right to do it

• it isn't none of my business

• It's a natural thing to do? Why make a poor baby starve and cry out loud to annoy everyone just because you don't like breastfeeding?

• I wouldn't feel uncomfortable hey a mothers got to feed her baby.

• I tend to look away, but I can't remember the last time I saw it in public. Perhaps I just don't notice!

• Don't be surprised if I take a picture and post the video on my website.

• I feel nothing, if child is hungry she must feed her. It is not inappropriate

• I don't care. Feeding the baby is more important. A boob is a boob after all

• A baby's gotta eat.

• If the lady has nice titties, the baby should step aside and let me get a lick.

• I know. My girlfriend and I find it really annoying when people stare at her breastfeeding. I quite like her milk. People need to not be judgmental...

• Depends on the age. Much younger guys usually don't want to see granny-like tits.

• If she has ugly breasts yeah its uncomfortable

• Why feel uncomfortable about somebody feeding?

• yeah boobies!

• I don't care

• I wouldn't care, that's what they are for

• More from Guys
    3