Are you're an open minded person or not?

I'm very open minded, expect for religion. Religion is mess up, a scam, and a cult.

I'm very open minded towards women rights, the LGBTQ community, people who are homeless, the environment, etc

• A. Yes I'm
    74%(25)78%(60)Vote81%(35)
  • B. Nope I'm not
    26%(9)22%(17)Vote19%(8)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• To ideas that don't compromise anyone's health and safety, yes. I'm very intolerant of people who are intolerant of other people based on their mere existance

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, we all want to see ourselves as open minded of course. Who would freely admit to being narrow minded?
    But yes, I do believe I am very open minded. If I were not, I wouldn't have traveled so much, I wouldn't have lived in two foreign countries, I wouldn't have gotten married to a foreign girl from a completely different culture and I wouldn't be so easy-going in general. Most types of "otherness" really don't bother me. Whether it's something in the realm of culture, something in the realm of sexuality, in the realm of social issues and social class etc.. In fact, I love diversity and otherness. That's why I once walked along in the Gay Pride parade although I'm not gay, bi or transgender myself. I like these people and I fully support their rights. Otherness is really not something that scares me.

In the case of religion, I agree with you that it is a scam and a tragedy people believe in them. However, as long as you keep it to yourself, it doesn't bother me much. One of my best friends is religious and we've practically never talked about it although we've known for 15 years now. Every time I tried to ask her some stuff, she said she wants to keep it a private/personal issue and not discuss it. Nowadays I quite like that attitude. She can have her faith and I don't get affected by it. There's zero impact on our friendship or on other relationships she has with people.

• The world would be more ahead if religion did not exist

• I agree with you. But it is what it is and we have to make the best out of it. Moderate religiosity may be a hindrance for social progress but it is no serious danger. What concerns me more is strong increase of fundamentalism around the world and that goes for all religions, not just islam.

What Girls Said 6

• You can't say that you're open minded and then go on to bash something in the same sentence Lol. It doesn't work that way.

• I am open minded when it comes to people's rights. You aren't open minded about people's freedom of religion... at all.

• I like to call out religion no matter which religion it is. So nope, I'm not a liberal who is soft on Islam.

• I do but that doesn't mean I have the right to take it away from people.

• Guys, women have more rights in Islam than you think they have. About Saudi Arabia, that's their culture and it's fucked up.
      Killing is wrong and Islam says that you should let people believe in what they want to believe.
      But you're right about the LGBT+ thing.

So you really shouldn't hate the religion itself but the people who use it wrongly.

But yeah, I don't like religion either. I just know because I read the Quran and my parents are religious

• Im open minded to peoples views, opinions, ideas and beliefs. I find the variety interesting.

• If you want to talk about religion, views, sports etc let's talk about it. I prefer a polite conversation though.

• I love sports, but hate religion

• Nothing wrong with that.

• Well I think everyone is open minded about sports. It's not a very controversial topic ;-). Personally I'm uninterested in sports but I haven't seen anyone who actually has a passionate hatred for sports.

• How does one be open minded to homeless people? Do you let them stay at your home or something?

• I am but yet I'm not.

What Guys Said 25

• Typical modern liberal ideas of open mindedness take the meaning of the word and twists it around to serve their purpose.

Being open minded does NOT mean that you accept any point of view whatsoever. All it means is that you don't automatically reject ideas without thinking about it or considering it's merits. It's not dependent on whether or not you accept something or reject it.

You can never say that this view or that view is open minded. A view on something can't be open or closed minded. It's all about the *process* of how you come up with your view, not the view itself.

Modern liberalism constantly brings up being open minded. What they really mean is that everyone has to agree with them. What they really mean is that others should accept the view of the liberal, but the liberal should not accept the view of anyone else.

• I reject religious and racist views. Does that mean I'm close minded?

• "I reject religious and racist views. Does that mean I'm close minded?"

No. That's my point. A view itself can't be open or closed minded. Religious views for example would have to be taken one view at a time. To reject something just because it's religious would be closed minded. To reject it after you made the effort to understand it, and openly consider it, would not be closed minded.

It's not about your views, it's about the process of arriving at those views.

Even arriving at a view out of ignorance is not necessarily closed minded. There is nothing wrong with not knowing something. It only becomes closed minded when you reject new information about it and willingly choose to be ignorant.

• In my opinion, being open minded also includes the willingness to try things out that may initially frighten you or feel uncomfortable. The attitude of "alright, I'll give it a shot and see whether I'll like it" is open-mindedness to me. It's like when we tell children: "Don't call broccoli 'disgusting'. Try it first. If you've tried it and you still don't like it, that's fine. But don't just assume it must be disgusting."

For example I am an atheist but I have visited countless churches, a few synagogues, two mosques and lots of Buddhist temples. This didn't make me change my opinion on religion in general but I was willing to learn about other people's faiths, their sacred holidays etc.. I try to understand why people believe in what they believe and where they're coming from, even if I might not be able to fully grasp it. That, to me, is open-mindedness.

I don't expect any conservative to believe what I believe. I only expect them to make an effort to understand me.

• I am open minded in the sense that I am usually willing to listen to another person's perspective (as long as they aren't patronizing about it), but I rarely change my opinion on something I feel strongly about.

• Depends. LGB doesn't bother me, but I'm not buying the whole TQAIAZXDHEGFBSJDBTHSBJ part lol. and I really don't like when they try and force that nonsense onto us through media, and feminism in america is BS as well lol. I don't care what people want to support but pushing it in my face I do not like

• I believe this way: other adults can do whatever they want as long as they aren't inflicting on the rights of others to do the same. Personally I thinks trans people are odd, gay stuff doesn't appeal to me, and I am not into trying to be a self hating straight White man... But as long as those people leave me alone, I don't care if they wear a dress, suck cock all day, or want to dress in a dashiki and pretend they are from Africa. On both sides, it seems people hate those who are different. You don't have to like or understand someone, to believe what gives them the right to be let alone is what gives you the same right.

• Im opened minded but hate it when people push something i do not believe on me. I will call a man a man no matter what. It is what i believe. I am not going to force someone who believes in allah to praise the lord just because it is what i believe. Want to be gay and marry whoever thats fine. But when you have a kid and both moms can not be the biological father they shouldn't lie to the kid that they have no father.

• I hate when religious people push their sick religious views on me

• It's not just Islam, but every religion

• I never heard of atheist scream ahall akbar and suicide, never heard Catholic either. Just Muslims. No monks, no Taoist.

• I'm very open minded towards women rights, the LGBTQ community, people who are homeless, the environment, etc

• i am just open minded enough for my brain not to fall out. if one can see that religion is cult like but the LGBT community is not cult like then i would say their brains have fallen out from being too open minded.

• Maybe 65% open minded. Not that open minded about trying new things. Fine with people having beliefs but not so fine with them enforcing them upon me (or even talking about them much if they're different)

• What you're talking about isn't being open minded. You're just supporting the causes you like. Everyone does that.

• I think if you knew my views we would both call ourselves open-minded and each other closed-minded. That tends to happen with wildly different worldviews

• We all only got one life and I think all should do whatever makes them happy. If religion is your thing by all means pray. You like men or women, good. As long as no ome is getting hurt everything is ok.

• I'm open minded only in sex, otherwise I have rules that sets my life, sex is my break-free card this is why I use it to the limits ! :)))))

• Depends on the subject, in some areas I am in some I am not.

• i can't say x

• A. Yes I'm

• Im not religious but im open to that too unless i won't ever come across something thatll convince me.

• Yes i like to say I'm open minded, I try to be as opened as possible.

• If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out

• What's your stance on Trump?

• I'm 'close' minded about sl*ts, wh*res, b*tches, pornstars... I don't like them.

• I'm very open minded for the most part

• You're not "open-minded", you're a leftist robot.

• "Open minded except for A B and C" is not open minded. That's like saying you're‚Äč "not racist except for Jews."

• Lol, that does not make any sense

• I agree. Every sentence that starts with "I'm not a racist but..." is going to be a dumb sentence.

• You are not open minded.

• Doesn't sound open minded to me. Sounds more like you're leaning to the far left to me. I could be wrong ofcourse

• I thought the far left likes Islam? Which I do not. I also own a gun.

I'm asking if you're open minded or not

• You can add the KKK, the Taliban, and the Boko Haram as well

• Kkk are boyscouts compared to them lmao