Why are some people politically correct when it comes to religion, specifically Islam?

I've seen this many times everywhere. People are either afraid to not say anything remotely bad about Islam and the harm that it's done. The religion specifically has been the cause of many individual's heinous and harmful acts towards others. There's a direct link many times. Why don't you think people are more honest? I believe real solutions can be obtained if we were all just honest.

1031

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• i just don't really see why we need to bash a religion because less then 1% (really less than.001%) of it's members practice a radical version of it. i don't think we need to protect it but i think we need to keep in mind that the vast VAST majority of Muslims are good people going through their days like any other decent human so why destroy a foundation of their life? why drag their beliefs through the mud because of the actions of the few?

do we bash white people for the small minority that do horrible things?
    do we bash christianity for the small minority who do terrible things?

i don't think anything gets solved by blaming religions, races, ethnic groups, or large huge bodies. we can blame and bash the individuals

• It's actually not just the fringe of Muslims though. There's a pew poll that was done that surveyed the LEAST radical Muslim countries and found that the majority of Muslims there would make apostasy punishable. Also, there's millions upon millions of Muslims that want to make homosexuality illegal. The doctrine is what I'm concerned about. If it was smaller, we would be criticizing it. Hence why you don't bat an eye when someone says they're Jewish, but you do when you hear they believe in Zeus

• yes i have heard of them. the vast majority of muslims do NOT identify or condone with the violent extremism or the cultures of rape, or other abhorrent aspects of Islam. again there are 1.8 billion Muslims on earth. even your earliest statements said millions and millions... that is a far FAR cry from 1.8 billion... and to assert that it could be far more is purely speculative and not based on any fact just a prejudice

by your logic we should essentially treat law enforcement, black men, republicans, christians (or any group who has any population that have beliefs or behave in ways view with condemnation) as we do extreme islam...

it's all the same. prejudice accepted as fact of any group leads to unfair persecution of those groups which means the persecution of innocent people.

• perhaps it's just me but as a person who belongs to a group that has long been oppressed and persecuted i cannot in any good faith be ok with labeling a massive group as one thing in an effort to oppress or suppress the beliefs and actions of a few.

it's just something that as a person i can never be ok with. i'm all about sniffing out all those who act on horrible actions that their religion may sponsor but only on an case by case basis

What Girls Said 9

• Not sure I agree with the use of 'politically correct' here, but whatever.

I think a big part of the reason some people won't criticise Islam is because many pseudo-lefitsts, and rightists talk about Islam in a way where they make no distinction between the religion, and the ethnic groups associated with it.
    Psuedo-leftists will mistake criticism of Islam as racism, and right wingers will attack both a race and a religion with no real awareness of what the difference is. As a result, this has muddied the waters for some and made it difficult to offer genuine criticism of Islam without being associated with other groups.

The other issue is that the Islamic community has a massive problem with committing No-True-Scotsman fallacies and refusing to acknowledge the connection between their moderate beliefs and extremists. The same can be said for many groups. Refusing to out negative people within your own group does harm, not good to its overall imagine.

Another issue is that people seem to forget that moderate Islam is still worthy of criticism. Even if you're the nicest, smartest moderate Muslim ever, you're still open to criticism. I don't avoid criticising Christianity just because some of them are nice - they still believe in falsehoods, Muslims are no different.

• Yes, I agree. I'm just wondering why 1.) There's a word to denote those who have a fear of Muslims aka Islamaphobia and 2.) You don't see those believing in Zeus or even Hindus committing the same disproportionate amount of violent acts in the name of their gods. You don't see buddhists killing in the name of Buddha. There's no direct link. There IS a direct link between many of the instances of terrorism and jihad/scriptures in the Quran.

• Because just as the Europeans in the dark ages identified themselves with Christianity on a very personal level, a majority of Muslims still identify themselves with Islam (the religion) on a very personal level.

Thus in today's world, when you insult Moses, Jews say nothing, show no reaction. +95% of Christians say nothing and show no particular reaction either, when the Christian faith and Jesus Christ is ideologically attacked.

But when Islam is attacked you have millions of angry people with 21st century weapons and 11th century morals and culture.

Politicians simply fear them, because they always fear riots, violence, and disorder. Liberal democracies, being inherently weak in terms of defending themselves against internal threats, cannot control them, and find no efficient ways to control the situation. Their hope is their integration, so they try to tighten their grip on freedom of speech when it comes to the things that that certain population identifies themselves with. So whenever something happens, in order to keep the status quo (and continue on with "integration" which isn't happening"), they panic and say nothing, or even blame the victims.

That is mainly the reason behind the strange behavior of the political establishment in west in face of Islamist threat.

But there is also other reasons, such as the attitude of the people on the far-left.

A lot of people who belong to the left (or at least claim to) do not view and value societies based on their morals and cultures. Most of them are cultural relativists. And you cannot be a cultural relativist without being a moral relativist. They don't consider a culture that is built on the idea of classical liberalism, developed by 2000 years of philosophical achievements, any better or worse than a culture that still has honor killings, child-marriage, and rejection of philosophy.

The only thing they see is: "which one is the more oppressed, which one is the victim". When they find out which one is, or, 'looks', more oppressed, they instantly take its side.

And then they start backing up their nonsense by their ridiculous ways of reading history to support their ideas.

Also another contributor to the behavior of leftists towards Islam, is Soviet's Pro-Muslim "anti-imperialist" agenda and propaganda in the Middle East in the late 60's and 70's, which still lingers.

When you see a British socialist twat, twitting this:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD1YwaiXsAEtpwx.jpg

you are

• ... merely seeing a clueless dumb little girl, calling herself a “Marxist” while supporting a proxy terrorist group, entirely financed by a Fascist Police State, which massacred hundreds of thousands of Iranian Marxists in the past 40 years. Someone who doesn't even know what group she's supporting and why.

So it’s not untrue to say that for a lot of them, it’s not even political correctness, it’s sheer ignorance and stupidity.

• Well written and the parts "fear of violence" and those that always must protect the so called "victim" really describes a lot of people here in sweden.

• Christianity has done a lot of harm. I think the biggest problem is no one will admit that. If you want to bash a religion you need to be bashing all of them because all religions have bad history

• AGREED!

• He is talking about the present. Not the past. And he is talking about islam specifically. Not Christianity. You just prove his point by dodging his question.

• The only "bad" things the Christians really did was the crusades. But the crusades were in self defense, without them, y'all would've been Muslim

• Because I refuse to paint an entire group of people with a single brush. There was a study recently done that says Christians believe atheists and muslims don't deserve first amendment rights. Lovely. I'm atheist. So I guess you could say Christianity has done a lot of harm. Joel Osteen refused to open his doors during Hurricane Harvey so that survivors would have a safe and dry place to sleep. After national outcry, he did. And when he finally did open his doors, he paraded himself like a war hero and then asked for donations to the church. From people who lost everything and just survived a hurricane. I refuse to hate Christians though. I left the church for a reason though.

• It's not the people, it's the religion itself. If you read the Quran, you'll see direct links to those that commit acts of violence against others. You don't see as much of a direct link in Christianity. Why don't you see buddhists killing in the name of Buddha?

• @vjedi joel osteen and every other televangelist who make waaaaaay more money than I ever will. I don't ever see them donate money to people who actually need it. They have nice, oversized houses though. I live in a conservative, Christian town and nobody is tripping over their own two feet to help refugees even though the bible says to be kind to foreigners.

• And the preacher on the tv says it ain't to late for me, but I bet he drives a cadilliac and I'm broke with hungry mouth to feed-putting people on the moon by the Drive by Truckers
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeYGo33_wkY

• I am one of those people that doesn't insult people on the basis of their islamic religion.

Why? Because I grew up in a low-income area in Australia, in a neighbourhood with a lot of muslims. I had muslim friends, and their families would show me kindness and hospitality. I loved going to their houses and sitting on the floor to eat, lol.

I think there are shitty muslims, just like there are shitty people everywhere, but I think they are the minority. I'm currently in Sarajevo, which is mostly muslim, and everyone is friendly and welcoming.

I feel like the people who are islamophobic probably haven't actually had a lot of contact with muslims, and have just made judgments based on sensationalist information.

• I think it's the other way around. I used to think black people were cool before i moved to america and lived in a town that was 30-40% black. I came in cobtact with them often and talked to a bunch. Now that i've lived in america i fucking hate their guts. The only black people i've got along with were those that didn't "act black" such as lightskins who act like white people.

• Love this reply. I myself am a Muslim, and have to say that the media shows only the very worst of Muslims in the media. YES, such 'Muslims' are bad and we should have security precautions taken at the airport. But, saying ISIS represents all Muslims is like saying Nazis represent all Germans, saying that Rednecks represent all Americans, that Zionists represent all Jews. Not true AT ALL. If you read the Quran, your eyes would fill with tears as they made mine. It teaches one to be modest, humble, preserve human life and be kind to women. The culture of people from Muslim countries is trash, but their religion is beautiful. Big difference :)

• @TheTallguy993 like I said, most Islamophobes hve never had a chat with a muslim, and got all their info from Fox News.

• We believe what our government told us they were. When it's our government who the problem. Freemason worship Satan. And they believe in all the same stuff Islam does except the religion part. Like praying and god. They believe in the devil. Who created religion the freemason.
    Muslim are not Isis or al Qaeda. Its people from Israel. Thats why Israel doesn't have bombings or shooting by Isis. And I mean in Israel not city they control in Africa or what have you. Hebrew is the original Arabic language. Hebrew was created by europeans who traveled to Africa and found a new religion.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPBj9HzjR8&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7E4C5FEEDA2AC759

• My friend was Muslim but then he changed because when I left Islam he started to say he wants me to die.

• Don't hate on Islam you disgusting bigot

• I have never seen ignorance like this in my life you know nothing

• I probably don't know too much, just going from my personal experience and observation. If Islam wasn't so large, I think people would critique it more. Hence why you think those that believe in Poseidon and Zeus are crazy, but those that believe in god are normal and sane.

What Guys Said 30

• A great many people are simply in denial or just don't know the truth about Islam. To them, Islam is just another religion. But Islam has never been just another religion. It is a system of forced societal control with a veneer of religion on top. The violence of the faith goes back to its founding in the 7th century. Liberals (not classical liberals but leftist liberals) in the West just won't accept --- despite terrorist attack after terrorist attack --- that there is any connection between the butchery and a religious faith. But they are dangerously naive, because members of al-Qaeda and ISIS very much consider themselves to be good and pure Muslims. In fact, they believe that their strict, fundamentalist, Wahhabist strain of Islam is the more "pure" Islam that is consistent with what Islam was at the time of its founding and in the immediate generations following Muhammad. That is when the new faith was being spread and imposed by the sword, and when conquered peoples were given the choice to convert to Islam or die. (Or is some cases pay the jizya --- a special tax on infidels.) I've often wondered what it's going to take for leaders in Western countries to understand what it is they're truly up against. If the deaths of children at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester isn't enough, what more will it take? Will it take the deaths of the leaders' own children? There are some notable exceptions to rule: the leaders of Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary, for example, have seen what is happening throughout Western Europe and they want no part of that. They are against the Islamification of their countries. They are not letting hordes of so-called "refugees" pour into their countries, and in the case of Hungary have built security barriers to keep them out. And they have not had the attacks that the UK, France, Belgium, and Germany have had.

• It's the same with everything else these days: you can't say a woman is unfunny (just look at the reactions to the Ghostbusters remake getting poor reviews), you can't say a trans person looks like their sex or isn't attractive, you can't point out that a black lives matter group is pushing stereotypes of black people and crime... anything involving your opinion on a minority is automatically wrong. It's the same with Muslims. Research carried out in Muslim countries found that a majority of Muslims in said countries supported radical ideas such as suicide bombings or honour killings. I'm not sure when having an honest opinion and sharing it became wrong. Its even true on here: I've had multiple people block me for sharing my opinion

• I saw a pew poll that had many wanting to make apostasy punishable. You're right, I agree that it's much more than just the minority of Muslims. Millions upon millions believe in fairly extreme views.

• People are afraid to denounce Islam as to not look "Islamophobic" or daresay "racist" yet are quick to denounce all Christians as evil, it's really strange to me, i'm atheist but so far in life I have not run into problems with Christians but instead I have run into problems with Muslims personally throughout it.

And there are also those who are quick to associate Buddhists with those in Myanmar it goes something like this

Person A denounces Islam -> Person B (usually a self-hating left-winger) -> argues that Islam is religion of peace and OR denounces all Christians/Buddhists as evil

Person A denounces Christianity -> Person B ( again, usually a self-hating left-winger) agrees with Person A

I myself do not understand as to why the left-wing degeneracy roots itself into protecting Muslims and covering up/justifying any crimes that they have done but it's a scary thing to be done

• Yes, you're very correct.

• Just throwing this out as a random thought - If your end goal was globalization (as is the goal of the political left), and if globalization was being critically obstructed by populations of people who were able to think and act for themselves under many different constitutions and creeds, it would probably be a good idea to allow an oppressive aggressor to take over the planet so that you can then take over the aggressor and have your desired globalization. Sorta like using one aggressive weed to take over a bunch of non-aggressive weeds, then just spraying the aggressive one instead of having to combat all of them.

But I'm sure this isn't their plan at all.

• @theharlequin Are you really saying the left want the whole world taken over by Islamists? Perhaps so they can then infiltrate the Imams and Mullahs with their ideals of equality for all people and freedom of (and from) religion?

• Because we live in an age when aristocrats and politicians decide which groups are or are not acceptable, and to oppose those decisions is to oppose the masses and the 'progress' of society.

And since we also live in an age when people value social recognition and acceptance as paramount, opposing the masses is left to radicals and deviants.

• They the people that bomb shit? Maybe becuase they scared of retaliation. If so then that mean their right about them being violent.

I think religious people are dumbass praying to rocks and skys. Whether ur Christian jewish Catholics or whatever dummys.

Just some rules people made to conteol people

• I'm all for calling out islam on it's atrocities, as I am for calling christianity on it's atrocities. I just find the hypocrisy humorous and that it needs to be pointed out.

• Believe it or not, but Christianity and Islam are NOT equally as bad. Look up Sam Harris and his talks on Islam

• cool then

• To make this quick, in my article I describe the big WHY and how it came to this.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28234-explaining-cultural-marxism-what-your-school-will-never-tell-you

• Well, I don't think political correctness is necessarily a bad thing.. It's when you make somethin out to be innocent and good just because it's bein attacked.. People sympathize with other people being attacked just because of somethin they believe in, which is why they are tryna make a case for Islam... Even though it is in of itself a very dangerous faith.. They are basically tryna program into us that it's wrong to attack people for that reason, and that we need to accept everybody.. Which is true, but there's no need to paint Islam as somethin less than what it is.. A pretty violent faith..

• The fudge you talking about? We all know the Muslims are entitled pricks. I never noticed people sugarcoating the “religion of peace” and it was George W Bush that coined that phrase to refer to Islam by the way. They still have slaves and treat their women worse than dog shit. Fuck ‘em!

• You a catholic or protestant? You know the inquisition, the crusades where you tried to kill all the pagans like me.
    And conservatives and nationalists, and the worldwide variants of them seem to want to make the same goddamn mistakes the Brits, did (and the Brits seem to want to make them again as well) in the Irish troubles and operation banner, which could pretty much be titled, How not to fight terrorism.

• No nice way to say it, Islam is full of zealots. a lot of people are in awe or even seduced by that level of intense fanaticism.
    Plus, Anything that opposes the West, capitalism, and the hated white man is practically hero worshiped by the unhinged left.

• Because of the whole "islamophobia" nonsense. It's not racist to criticize islam but muslims try to silence critics by crying racism and "islamophobia".

Also fear, people are afraid of daring to speak out against Islam out of fear of receiving death threats. Look what happened to Charlie Hebdo just for a harmless cartoon.

• Yeah, that's correct. I personally am not in favor of Islam because it's really not a peaceful religion in MY opinion and observation.

• The religion itself teaches violence in some instances. However, the vast majority of Muslims in the world don't interpret the Quran literally, just as most Christians don't interpret the Bible literally.

But let's be honest here - I am being politically correct. My true feelings on the matter is that only the weak live their lives by what a book says, and arguing with each other about which book is better is just masturbatory.

• And if I were to change a few words and substitute it with police or Christianity, odds are you'd object to my statement

• No, I'm talking about Islam. I'll only object if I believe it's wrong Thomas.

• Nigga, what part of "not even that" or "bye" to you not comprehend? Actually, don't answer 😒

• I'm brown Tommy.
      Not a "nigga."

• I like calling out Islam and Christianity. Also, any religion in that matter. I guess people who are religious hate to call out religion.

I also think if you ask a hardcore Christian a set of questions on like women rights, abortion, same-sex marriage, etc. Ask the same questions to someone in ISIS. It will be the same answers.

• It's not every religion - It's open season on Christians

• Discussing this will lead to absolutely nothing but a waste of energy. Everyone is stick to his convictions strongly so there is no point to discuss this lol.

• Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Straight out of the Old Testament...

• probably because Muslims are typically brown so they are implicitly anxious about being labelled racist whereas other Abrahamic religious are followed by whites so the same trepidation doesn't exist

• People are afraid of the end results of us all agreeing Islam is a negative influence. They would rather see western civilization fall than defend itself because they have no love for western civilization in the first place.

• Because they use their minds, and they are not like those who adopt others' opinions without pondering.

• Personally out of respect,

If you're talking about companies and private infrastructure, it's likely advised by most public relations teams not to piss people off in any community

Government news outlets and companies try to be as neutral as possible as they aren't supposed to show bias

If however you're talking about comedy, then there's always the taboo that people just do not find funny, I'm sure however once we know more about eachothers cultures we can make jokes that include everyone

• I do not know. I think all religions, not just Islam; are full of hate, a scam, and a cult to brainwash people.

• Fuck all religious people. (not really) your all gonna die, and a relative instant later, no one will remember you at all. (probably) Life passes by the instant and every breath you spend in worship will contribute to a shamefully ironic eternity of nothingness. (in my opinion)

• because they are afraid of being called raciest

• Fuck people and fuck religion..

• I'm not correct I just worry for my safety — social and physical

• Are you kidding? The ONLY religion that I hear about in the news that is presented in a negative light and associated with terrorism and violence is Islam...

• isis

• It separates the mixed falsehood and the truth.