Have You Ever ‘Paid It Forward’?

Have You Ever ‘Paid It Forward’?Have you heard the term “paying it forward,” in which a person who has been the recipient of a generous act does a similar kindness for someone else, often a stranger?

Can you remember being the recipient of some kindness from a stranger? How did it affect you?

Have you done something to help someone you didn’t know? How did helping affect you?

I love this video. If you guys have some free time, y'all can watch it. 🙃

619

Most Helpful Guy

• Always. I've seen folks broke down on the side of the road helped them out, changed tires for people, pulled one kid out of oncoming traffic back in highschool, multiple times I've worked for free to help friends out, random strangers for needed a small ride. It's one of those things that makes you feel alive in this world, where all you see on the media and the news is acts of terror and neighbors fighting with neighbors, good friends turned to enemies over small stuff. It brings me peace, and a sense of reality, should be in all of us to help one another along in this world

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in drive through lines and paid for the person behind me. It's a wonderful feeling because they don't know. It's been dine for me and it has made my day so making someone else's day is the best.

• How would you know what the person behind you ordered and how much it cost?
      We don't have drive throughs here. So, I'm afraid I don't understand.

• Thank you

What Guys Said 18

• I never really had a person go out of their way to help me besides family. I mean there are small gestures, but I do those too without even thinking twice about it.

I have also been charitable, like giving 5 or 10 bucks to a homeless person or donating to local food drives. I would like to volunteer in the future, but right now I don't have the time.

• I like that video! I have seen that video before, and others similar. I try to always give back to people, specially those who need. You will find me doing nice acts as caring grossery bags to elders, opening doors to disable people, ext. But also use charity miles and donate a photo to try to raise money for the needy. In addition to donate blood, which I hope to start soon. Not to mention I am a register organ donor, so yea you could say I love giving back.

• I wanted to post something about what happened today. And here I found this question.
    I was out this evening and a guy on bicycle with his daughter, they were selling balloons and asked me to buy as they couldn't make much today so they could get some groceries to his wife as it was a small festival today.
    Within a second I asked him that I don't need the balloon but he can buy whatever he wants from the shop in the market so he did and I paid for it.
    I moved ahead and after sometime the guy came around and said thanks and I honestly didn't know what to say to him.
    All I said is to enjoy the festival.

• I always help kids crossing the street, or women/smaller guys putting their luggage in the shelves and things like that. How does this effect me? It doesn't effect me at all. I don't believe in Karma. Actually I think there you are an individualistic asshole the simpler life will be to you. Why I am generous with people then, given strangers? Because I prefer being a decent human being than having an easier life.

• Typical starbucks thing happens every couple of. months or so... but...

I habe had some great mentors in my life. People who took chances on me, losing I was a risk. Helped me become who I am today.

I look for these people today in my roles. I think consciously about it too.

• Yeah, it's one of the most fulfilling things you can do. The oxytocin rush of "being in this together" is usally worth far more than whatever time or $ it cost you to "pay forward"

• No stranger has ever been kind to me and I try to help out where I can but when your poor and alone that doesn't amount to much

• I've seen the film pay it forward which is good but never actually done it.

• Y es I actually saw the movie

• I try to do this as often as I can and I admit I haven't done as nearly often as I used to. I hope it's more common than I believe it to be.

• yes, i have done that before

• always do that at our lunch house for all

• I love the video but I'm not sure I came across any.

• Several times, yes!

• Yes a few times.

• Many times.

• That movie had a stupid ending

• No, because fuck people

What Girls Said 5

• Can't say I have received an act of kindness personally but, I do it for others it's good karma. I over paid on parking and gave the slip to the person who took my spot and she was very thankful I do stuff like that all the time.

• I love that video seen many times I used to work for Taco Bell and I love it when people pay for there’s then the people behind them and keep going for many cars

• I try to.

• I'm the bitch in the drive through line who finally ends the chain of everyone paying for the person behind them.

• I help people, not because I've been helped but because I'm fortunately in a position where I can