Any thoughts on the Harvey Weinstein scandal?

This think is really shaking up Hollywood.

932

Most Helpful Girl

• Not surprised...
    But I like it's getting out.

BUT this will all be for nothing if women don't start working together and actually reporting this every time it happens - and the police and the overall justice system stops being corrupt and stops taking bribes...

• gotta be honest my respect for a lot of these actors not coming out when these horrific acts occured has gone way down. especially with Ben Affleck and Matt Damon pressured

• Yeah, I completely agree...

• Don't forget brad Pitt and George Clooney

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• HARDLY surprised, its like this in all entertainment industries. Men with a lot of money and powerful connections taking advantage of boys and girls. No surprises here. Im glad he's finally being called out though like this, and more of them need to.
    If all Hollywood predators were hunted down though you'd only have like half the directors left, probably even less than that, who knows. Its sick.

• Holywood is full of perverts.. roman polanski who raped 13 year old girl got a standing ovation from his colleagues even though he was hiding in Europe.. its a perverted and sick community.. righ? melanie griffith? she was the one honouring him... shame on all of them

• I'm extremely glad to see people that commit acts of violence/terror in the dark being brought to light.

• It's not a big shock that something like this happened honestly. It's great that people are talking about it and taking care of this fucked up situation after so long. I can't imagine how hard it was for these women, and men, to come out and talk about this stuff, so it's great that they're some justice

• Kinda expected

• It looks like he is using the Roman Polansky defense. Flee the country and never coming back. How was he allowed to leave to begin with? Goes to show people would do anything to be a star.

• Disgusting pervert. What more can I say? And I don't get it. His wife is so beautiful.

• hasn't reached the japanese news circuit and most likely won't

What Guys Said 31

• It's pretty tragic. However, I find it pretty hypocritical of a lot of people in Hollywood to be finger-pointing each other right now. Apparently, most people in the industry knew about this, so they are ALL to blame for not doing more to stop it: both men and women with any influence who knew about it or heard about it.

For example, if what happened to Rose McGowan is true, it was wrong what Weinstein did to her. However, while she calls out people like Ben Affleck now, Rose McGowan herself kept quiet about Weinstein until recently... but not only that, she even did business with him after what happened: going to red carpet-type events and taking pictures with him and embracing and smiling like good friends. In a way, she herself became complicit in allowing the same thing to happen to other women.

Brad Pitt and Jimmy Kimmel are some of the few men right now who are being praised for calling out Harvey Weinstein in the past (Pitt threatened to beat up Weinstein for harassing Gwyneth Paltrow 20 years ago, and Kimmel cracked a joke about Weinstein 3 years ago). However, as far as I'm concerned, while they're definitely not the worst guys in this scandal, they still share some blame too. If they knew about this, why didn't they do more than that? Brad Pitt is one of Hollywood's biggest stars and also a producer. Jimmy Kimmel is one of the most famous comedians. I'm not saying that Pitt or Kimmel needed to individually launch a war against Weinstein, but just a LITTLE MORE from everyone in Hollywood would have helped a lot.

Angelina Jolie could have done more too: she is one of the world's most famous stars, and also a producer and director. If she had talked about this more at any point in the last 15 years, people would have listened and maybe Weinstein could have been stopped sooner.

Honestly, this reminds me of that scene in "Wonder Woman" where Steve Trevor explains that "we are all to blame".

• Anyone who is really interested in the Hollywood behind the scenes stuff, knew about this. That includes such deceitful pieces of shit like Ben "my family never owned no slaves" Affleck.

It's rare, but occasionally you'll see an amazing lady, like Rose McGowan, or Asia Argento, speak out about this stuff. They frequently get shut down or silenced, but I'm personally delighted to see McGowan's stance vindicated so publicly on Twitter at the moment.

(And how did Twitter respond? Banned her account, temporarily. Because of course they fucking would.)

The sad part is there are bigger deviants still out there, working.

• Just another wealthy Hollywood straight scumbag who thought he could go around and control and bang any woman he wanted. He is far from the first and far from the last as this type of activity goes on all the time and some of it is never reported at all...

• i don't like the bandwagon/mob mentality with which it is being approached. Women were were assaulted should come forward and if htey want to press charges and go to court do that but this "ohmygodthissogreatforwomenimgladthisisfinallyhappening" is so self congratulatory and pompous i don't think they even care about seeing him behind bars i think they are just happy that the article was written and they keep throwing parties everytime another celebrity comes out as being assaulted. oh you're so brave you never said anything and let him assault countless other women until the moment where you were guaranteed people would celebrate you for it ahhh hollywooddddd whyyyy

• How many actresses got to the top by banging this guy. It was an open secret and everyone in Hollywood was complicit in protecting him. It's amazing that at awards shows and in interviews Hollywood hypocrites preach to ordinary people as if they have a moral high ground.
    This is just the start. Hollywood will try to protect themselves by getting him off the hook if not he will turn up dead in a hotel room after "overdosing" to keep him quiet on all the dirty secrets he knows and of course to protect their big stars who had sex with him to gain a part. Next to be outed will be Micheal Bay, Joss Whedon, Robert Downey JR, Sean Penn, Alex Baldwin, Bryan Singer

• It's Nothing new... The SAD thing is ALL the WEAK WOMEN that NEVER step forward when it happens... they want years/decades while other girls are victimized just like the Bill Cosby case.

I have little remorse for a women that never comes forward... they are to blame for him doing it to other women after them.

• I love all the misandrist anti-male crap being spewed by the pinks on here.
    Women are just as perverse and corrupt. We just don't hear as much about it because hating on women or making them responsible for their actions doesn't make good media. Women are the ones who buy into media and therefore it's geared towards what will get their attention.
    There are hundreds of female teachers raping children... no real news or outcry.
    When Jenny McCarthy groped underage Justin Beiber on stage, no one said shit.
    It's all sexist bullshit.

• Now that he has been exposed, hopefully he won't continue with what he is doing.

Hopefully Hillary Clinton won't verbally assassinate the women that came forward to expose Weinstein, the same way she verbally assassinated the women that were sexually assaulted by her husband.

Strangely, if these women the Weinstein assaulted had been the ones assaulted by her husband she would've verbally assassinated them.

A sad tidbit is some of these women really thought about it, maybe they would've never supported Hillary. But, I'm sure some already did and turned a blind eye to Hillary's wickedness and supported her anyway. A lot of hypocrisy in Hollywood

• Apparently he was so powerful got away with it for years. He was able to cover up because of his connections, status and wealth. Its nothing new, and Weinstein is not the only one.

www.thecut.com/.../...llegations-came-out-now.html

• A producer doing sexy things with young actors in Hollywood, wanted or not?
    What else is new? Does it rain in London?

• And yet when the video came out about Trumps "tape", people still voted for him

That's why this baffles me. Why was his ok, but Harvey wasn't?

• I don't think Trumps was OK. Just people hated Hilary more.

• @TacosRAwesome That's why we need to campaign for people not affiliated in ANY way with the Demos and the Repubs. We also need people that can't be bought off or influenced so easily. They also need to not be so intimidated, because people will threaten their lives. Otherwise, we're gonna get the same crap that we've been getting.

• @chrisbigman well stein and Johnson aren't it

• Women who fucked Weinstein (willingly) and got fame and fortune as a result = Silence

Women who suck SO BAD that even after fucking a Hollywood producer (willingly) he couldn't help them = Rape.

Despite millennia old stereotypes of women banging powerful people to get ahead in life... there NO evidence of this happening at all ever in the history of all civilization. I'm STILL trying to figure out how a person can sit on this stuff for decades and only come forth when politically expedient to do so. You literally have EVERYONE in your corner when you do! Hope he gets off lol Come forward sooner next time (if he did actually rape you.)

• I have plenty of thoughts but it's hard to tell these day determining if women love powerful men or their destruction more. Harvey like Cosby were men if their day. What most people ignore is the fact the women accusing them aren't pure, either. The casting couch is no secret. Neither is the fact that most women in Hollywood got parts in movies from their performance on the couch. In saying that someone on here will say I'm attacking the victims. Sad part is everyone of these women accusing Harvey and Cosby are also on video bragging about drugs, multiple sex partners etc. They slept their way to the top and since their in top they destroyedthe, path for every other female who wanted or was willing to do the same.

• Shake you Toadster shake you haha

Harvey Weistein... Probably because he fooled so many people for so many years and got away with it considering the things he did that's pretty jaw dropping for some...

• I dont think he fooled a lot of people. I think a lot of people... in particular his political friends knew about him. They just kept their mouth because of the money.

• @Rissyanne

I just wrote:

Now that he has been exposed, hopefully he won't continue with what he is doing.

• I'm disgusted, but not surprised in the least.

• Good thing we have feminist Emma Watson here to fuck him for more roles in movies while other women are getting sexually harrassed.

• He's a total disgrace. I get mad at the endless parade of pervs coming out, like Bill Cosby, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, and now Weinstein. They terrorize women while also giving all guys a bad name and making life harder for those who are decent.

• It's doing it's job in making people forget about the Las Vegas shooting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDELurXsIGQ

• The thing that surprises me most is that people are surprised. Isn't the "casting couch" a great Hollywood tradition? Now everyone is pretending they knew nothing about it.

• I am surprised not with this fact but with the hypocrisy of people who show surprises. Oh really? Do not have "Casting Couch" in Hollywood?

One more obvious subject for the Feminist and White Knight to pretend to be angry (for a day). Tomorrow they forget and everything returns to normal.

• I feel sorry for anyone who has been a victim of sexual abuse or harassment and I'm glad this is brought to light.

• Well they sure aren't condemning this perv like they tried to do our president... and he only grabbed a pussy or two

• What did he do?

• Not surprised, and not sure I care.

• Scumbag. What's even more troubling is the fact that this is seemingly normalized. Why did this take so long to come out if there are THAT many women?

• Hope they take terry crews allegation seriously also. Men lives matter

• what is that?

• He was a very famous hollywood producer who has had his hands in lots and lots of famous movies, like Pulp Fiction and Gangs of New York, who has just been accused of sexually assaulting several actresses in the business. Gwenyth Paltrow, Asheley Judd and Angelina Jolie being among them

• Some of the movie moguls are an 'old boy' network. They cover each other's backs. Sometimes the actresses think that if they don't play along, there won't be any work for them. I think that's why Andie MacDowell got out of acting, because Warren Beatty was pressing her to 'put out'.

• @MarkRet ahan. That is interesting news

• As far as I know 4 people have said something as of now, if guilty he belongs in prison just like anyone else who vomited an act of sexual harassment or violence

• Typical democrat doing typical democrat things.

• *Trump? Typical republican also doing typical republican things? Nothing to do with politics, religion, race, beliefs... He's just scum... (Hervey... not Trump... I don't really care about him...)

• He is a duck head
    Like these pedophile religion scandals
    Just tax them 10 billion for 20 years to support people and help recover from abuse
    Ain't that right my older sister I can forgive your abuse all you need to do is ask

• More from Guys
    1