Do you think white parents should be able to adopt black children?

A lot of black people feel white couples shouldn't be able to adopt black children. Do you think they should be able?

• Yes
  • No

2920

What Girls Said 29

• If black people don't like it, they need to step up and adopt these children. Black children are hard to find families for in the first place. I'm not being racist. It's a sad statistic. My friend does foster care and it's more difficult to find homes for black children for some reason. Race shouldn't matter. If the white family loves them it's better to be in a loving family than the foster care system.

• ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• @madhatters4 Hmmm. . . that is interesting. Parents actually have a say in where their child goes if the family is "gay"?

• 6d

@RolandCuthbert in many and most private adoptions where birth moms choose adoption they willl have a say in the adoptive parents if they choose. adoptions through the state or government don't give birth moms options about adopting parents

• A couple of any race should be able to adopt a child of any race. Why does it matter? The kid wants to be loved. The parents want a child to love. Whats the problem? And for those saying that they shouldn't, are assholes. If the parents are good people and want to love a child, let them. The child won't care, because they'd be to caught up with having a family and being loved to care what they look like. If much rather have a black child go with a white family, than sit there wondering what they did wrong to not have a family.

• Wow you sound so empathetic :')

• Thank you lol. I just don't see why it would matter. I've heard similar things and its terrible that there are people whod rather the child sit there without a family, then have them to to another race of people. Its heartbreaking. They say they care about the childs cuktire and shit, but they dont mind that theyd sit there instead of getting adopted by another race of parents.

• I totally agree with you.

• If black people dont want white people adopting black children then they should start getting in and adopting the black childrn before the white people get the chance. As long as the kid gets a home where thdh will be loved and cared for i dont give a flying shit what colour the parents are.

• I have NEVER come across anyone in real life who has said you should not adopt outside your race.

Anyways Gazi is cancer on this earth. His videos makes me sick.

• I think potential adoptive parents should be THOROUGHLY vetted for any whiff of maltreatment.

As for race, I think a loving home is better than the abusive foster care system any day. It's a shame for them to picking and choosing who is fit to be a parent based on nothing but race.

• Um, a lot of people think people should not adopt outside their race. I don't know why you focus on black people.

No, I do not think its right. I do think the adoptive parents should make an effort to keep the child connected to their heritage, to encourage a healthy identity.

• Crap, typo *No, I do not think its right to stop people from adopting based on race.

• And they say white people are racist yet here black people are advocating denying children homes because the people with the means and interest in them happen to be white?

• I dont see a lot of black couples lining up to adopt them...

• 7d

I know of black families who adopted but itโ€™s bot popular to put in the tabloids as with white celebrities adopting. In one case I personally know of the family adopted 10+ kids.

• 7d

@hahahmm yeah I am sure

• My parents adopted my brothers who are both black. If you have a problem with it, you can go fuck yourself.

• Only adopt if you are capable of handling the child.

But to go out on a limb and say all white parents cannot adopt another child just based off of color? Selfish and disgusting. Children are suffering in orphanages but other privileged dumbasses want to intervene? Hell no.

Only adopt ifnyou are capable of being a good parent.

• If you're willing to go through the effort for adopting a child (regardless of race) then you deserve a child, and the child deserves a home.

• Yes they should

• Most definitely! Adopting is saving a life regardless of the color! We all bleed red. Skin color should not matter or even be a question

• Itโ€™s incredibly stupid to deny an abandoned child a loving family and a home just because skin colors donโ€™t match.

• Okay all kids need a good loving home and if I white family can provide that then so be it. However, there are so many down sides to it. My nephew and his sister are adopted by white people and it really pisses me off. I have a sort of biased opinion.

• And why didn't black people adopt them? Where is your family?

• 7d

Oh yes, because people go to jail for donating to charity and helping the poor right? No, she fucked up, did something wrong, and can't take care of herself or her family. Sprinkle some more racism why don't ya.

• 7d

@Rileyxx97 she actually did nothing wrong. It's funny how you all are accusing her of being some criminal when you don't know what the fuck is going on. And it's none of your business. All of you should feel like some fools.

• Even if it was a bad thing for whites to adopt black kids (which it's not) it would still be better than having them live in an orphanage

• if they can provide a good home then why not

• That's stupid, of course white people should be allowed to adopt black children.

• Black parents are typically abusive to their kids and plus black women hate their hair and pass their self hatred on their daughters. This is why you see so many black girls wear weaves because their mothers hate their own hair so much they try to push it on their kid. I feel like most likely a white woman would be better than a black mother because she at least cares about herself

• On the other hand white parents typically teach their girls to be insecure and anorexic.. if we must stereotype.

• 7d

Maybe your parents are that way don't speak for the rest of us. And a lot of us wear weave to protect the hair we do have so we can keep it healthy. And a white women hate themselves too by get implants, lip injections, plastic surgery , just so they can look black.

• 7d

@Pink2000 I love you

• There are plenty of kids that need a nurturing home. I don't think that this scenario should be made into a race debate. This may be effective in persuading well intentioned couples to avoid children of color, and that would be tragic.

• I think there is nothing wrong with white couples adopting black children. If they are willing to love those kids, feed them, take care of them, and be there for them. I don't see a problem. Love doesn't have a color. I think it's great!

• Adoption isn't that popular in comparison to births so I don't think beggars can be choosers. Basically matches should be done at random unless the parents specify.

• Race should not matter. It is the child who matters, if the family is willing to give the child of color a safe and happy life then so be it. There is nothing wrong with white people adopting colored children.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm white and I don't think it's a problem if anyone adopts a child of any color or religious background. Just say in.

• of course why not? people are people regardless of color, ethics and culture

• Any good person should be able to adopt a child. Give a child a good home.

• That is so dumb and racist! To think that a child would be better off in the foster-system than in a stable, loving home.

• I do not agree

• Wtf. Can't they just be happy that the kids aren't orphans anymore?

What Guys Said 20

• a lot of black people feel this way? did you take a comprehensive poll? i know tons of black people and none of them have any issue with white people adopting black children. my wife is a supervisor for the second largest private adoption group in new jersey, pennsylvania and delaware. she has personally overseen about 200 adoptions since she started working there and has encountered zero black people who didn't wan their child adopted by a white family

• I think any orphaned child who can find a safe and happy home should be allowed access to it. The idea that foster care life or living in an orphanage is preferable to being raised by white parents just strikes me as grossly ignorant.

• I know some very opinionated black people and I have never heard one complain about white people adopting black kids. Seems more likely to me that a lot of white people feel that white people should not adopt black kids.

• Considering the population numbers you would only be hurting the black community by not allowing it. I'd prefer children getting to live a life with parents who love them over being an orphan, because their parents skin color wasn't the "correct" color.

• People should be able to adopt any child they would like from an orphanage or other adoption program.

• Of course they should be able to. If "Black" people would adopt more, there would not be as many "Black" babies up for adoption.

• Yeah. Why not? If they are good parents to the child they should be able to adopt them.

• Sad because telling a white couple that they can't adopt black children is racism. That's what 500 years of oppression and slavery bring. More hate.

• Kids need a good home, regardless of what the people look like who are able to provide it. Incidentally, some African-American kids get adopted by White Europeans.

• Who else adopts black babies besides white people?

• No..

• Some black parents adopt white children.

• don't ask something of someone when you're unwilling to do it yourself

• Yes. Especially if they can provide a loving and stable home atmosphere for the kids.

Simples...

• Yeah sure

• Why shouldn't they be able to?

• As a white man no.

• As long as there is love, I don't think color of skin matters.

• Fuck everybody in this thread lol this is all fucked up

• No, they should stop.

• I dont see black people lining up to adopt these kids...

• That is bull shit. Look at this video. No black person stepped up to adopt this child.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4V29Lb3eqE

• @Rissyanne you are cherry picking your points. The truth is that only black parents can raise black chilling, because whites are filled with racial hatred, like trump