Do you think people who use slang like "ghosting," "snowflake," ect makes people come off as illiterate and uneducated?

Do you think people who use slang like "ghosting," "snowflake," etc makes people come off as illiterate and uneducated??

• Yes
    35%(8)33%(16)Vote31%(8)
  • No
    65%(15)67%(33)Vote69%(18)

Most Helpful Guy

• I find new terms stupid and I find it stupid when people feel the need to use an acronym for everything.

What I hate about 'ghosting' is it attempts to make a big deal out of nothing. What is ghosting? They're ignoring you. It's as simple as that. People have done that for ages.

Anyone who's not good enough to make a positive impact in the world based on their intelligence or actions, can just make an impact by coining some stupid new term and get people using it.

Most Helpful Girl

• kind of. i hate this new obsession with "low key" and "slay"

What Guys Said 14

• Not only does it come off as a bit uneducated, but it will come off as dated very soon. Like saying "groovy".

• I see them more as "organized idiots" in that they might not have any understanding of what they are talking about but they have been "programmed" to say certain talking points and beliefs through social engineering.

• If you don't like it... speak Latin. It's a dead language and won't change.

Living languages change every day by the people speaking them.

The words you use today sound illiterate and uneducated to the people who came before.

In fact, we have the most literate generation in history. We are READING this right now. Most people have written volumes in text messeges by the age of 14.
    It doesn't matter if the terms used make some uncomfortable.

• You can't even spell the word messages. I just watched a program and it was pointing on how kids can't even spell basic words and don't understand basic grammar due to auto correct on devices. 90% of the new generation can't even read and write cursive

• You were a smart ass and then couldnt handle it when you got it in return.

• Example?

• Nah, just another set of new jargon and slang for this generation.

• Sometimes, depends on how much they use that kind of language, I usually don't know about the terms like that until it's been around a while. I also want to smack anybody who says 'life hack'. If they are like 17 then I understand, but if they are older I think that they can use those words sometimes but at least show some proper language use

• Makes them sound dumb

• Illiterate and uneducated aren't quite the right words. I might say that they come off as a tad bit unintelligent.

• Just seems like they have a very limited vocabulary

• No, not necessarily. I'm just get the gut feeling that they get swept up in social trends and that those impact their vocabulary.

• Any of these trendy new labels make them look detached from real life. They struggle to see what is real and need to rely on 'labels'

• Makes them come off as social-media / latest fad Gooroos. Which is negative in my opinion.

• Slang like "woke", "swag", "bae" and "lowkey" really annoy me and definitely seem illiterate.

• Yes..

• NO just addicted to political memes

• You're just getting old. Language evolution has always been a thing.

• No..

What Girls Said 7

• No, i don't see why saying that would make them either.

• People who use slang too much have weak vocabulary.

• That's the way it seems to me

• No I don't think so

• *plays the world's smallest violin*

• what ghosting and a snowflake means?

• Ghosting is the act of watching other people send messages while not making your presence known or anything.
      "Snowflake" is a term used to describe somebody who has a false belief that they're special in some way shape or form.

• @Dylanmatt123 still dont get it.. sO i ghost when i watch others to send message and never reply..
      snowflake means i think i am a beautyqueen even i am fat and ugly? hahahha

• Snowflake

• No. Someone could be quite articulate with an impressive vocabulary but still use slang terms for fun. Different people derive amusement from different things. Homie.