What do you think of H&M's latest ad?

Take into consideration that some white people (in the past and now) refer to black people as monkeys/apes.

Pamela Taylor, who was director of the Clay County Development Corp called Michelle Obama an "ape in heels".H & M latest ad?H & M latest ad?

• It's racist
  • It's not racist
  • You don't care one way or another
    Vote C

72116

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the message isn't meant to be racist. A jungle, after all, is a perilous habitat that can only be withstood by the fittest and the resilient. I think the 'coolest monkey' message there stands for a notable kind of individuality.

There isn't anything inherently shameful about monkeys. However, people who perceive that this is racism seem to think otherwise.

• Black people are referred to as monkeys and apes as a racial slur/verbal attack, which is why people found it offensive. That's why they think otherwise.

• @Allie_Oops I don't know and neither do you of any parent or grandparent or just any adult that hasn't called little kids a monkey, in fact there are outdoor kids gym sets with monkey bars. Seems that everything today is way over thought to come up with some negative about it.

• @katie 👏👏👏 yes my point exactly. thank you!!

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's impossible to say without knowing the intentions of the person created the idea for the ad.

they could truly have been oblivious to the intimations of such an ad. they could have overlooked the racist implications.

if it's not racist then the creator clearly lacks the foresight or insight to see the potential conflict that would arise. it does seem hard to believe that a person wouldn't see and draw the connections between the race of the boy in the picture and message on the clothing