How true: "Men are easy to attract but hard to get to commit. Women are hard to attract, but once you do attract one they are easy to get to commit"?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think it’s true. An unnecessary amount of men get labeled commitment-phobes just because of the few that are players or fuckboys. It’s really not that hard to find a guy who wants to commit if you’re looking for the right kind. Also an unnecessary amount of women get labeled picky or hard to attract even though it seems like all my single friends have crushes on guys all the time. Like I have yet to actually meet a single girl right now who doesn’t have her eyes set on *someone*. Now, whether it works out or not is kinda random, but girls still get attracted to guys left and right.

0|3
    0|1
    • Do your single girl friends get approached often?

• Show All
    • Oh right. Reason I was asking is because it's harder to attract a girl who you've never met. Especially if she already, as you mentioned, has her eye on seomone. Unless she already finds that guy attractive in the physical aspect he's going to have to try quite hard to attract her. That's my opinion anyway.

• @SuitAndTie yeah no, approaching strangers in public is kinda a bad idea in my opinion. Always better to do it at social events where the vibe is more relaxed and people are expected to get to know each other and flirt.
      A girl who isn’t physically fit also has a harder time to attract guys, so it sorta levels out the playing field (if you don’t pay attention to the few guys who’d go after anything as long as it moves, is over 18 and has a vagina).

Most Helpful Guy

• This is both true and false for me personally. I'm very hard to get to commit but I'm even harder to attract. I'm too much of a lone wolf to be bothered, so even if a girl likes me, and she's the type of girl I'd otherwise be willing to give a chance, I reject her advances, only because I don't like relationships. I like to focus on myself and only myself, and I also don't have the energy to deal with a relationship at the moment because they're too much work. I have more important things to focus on than a girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• Hmmmm there is some truth to this. It’s not because women are more monogamous though. We have to think about how men and women are told/pressured to date.

Most men have been told to date and screw as many women as possible. Men overall don’t have a pressing desire to settle down or commit to one woman, therefore there’s less of a chance he’s settling for whoever is available. Some men do however, and they settle because they’re insecure.

Women aren’t told to date and have sex with many people. In fact, women are ostracized and slut shamed if they do, regardless of whether she has sex with these men or not. So many women would rather date ONE man at a time. Why is this important to understand?

Because women aren’t inherently more monogamous than men. Women just settle for whatever man is willing to get with them. The practice of dating multiple people at once gives you OPTIONS and makes you less likely to commit to one person in general.

The goal is to date and find the best possible fit for you. If you can imagine a person better than them, then there’s a good chance there IS a better match. If you only have one person interested in you, you are likely to get prematurely attached to the person you are dating, regardless of whether or not they are the best match.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see it as depending on the stage of where one is in their life. If they're personally ready or not in seeking a serious committed relationship.

But generally speaking, yes. Men have the tendency to seek various things out of women rather than the other way around once attraction has been made.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. If he wants to be with you, he'll want to be exclusive. If you don't have similar relationship goals then you should leave him.

2|5
    0|0
  • Depends on the individual. But men are definitely easier to attract.

1|1
    0|0
    • I mean, anything could attract a man lmao. If you put a dress on a kangaroo, that would attract men. It’s not saying much that something/someone can attract men because men’s standards are nonexistent. It’s slightly pathetic in my observation.

• Show All
    • @Markfish: I meant to respond to "policelivesmatter", as he said men's standards are nonexistent.

• Yeah I don't agree either, I mean even just for sex, like only 40% of women are desirable, and far less are desirable to commit to.

• I am actually hard to commit, It's not like I am not loyal, I am very loyal actually but It's hard to make me want to commit cause I am scared of love and relationships.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. It's overall a generalization of what normally is considered true. The reason for this is because we're going by our personal experiences and the experiences of most others. It is not that easy to attract anyone. You either have the looks or you don't. You either dress in a way that attracts certain people or you won't. Anybody can be attracted. That's not the hard part. What matters is that does attraction actually MATTER to the person involved? Women sadly keep's begging men to commit, but what are they doing that's making men not want to commit? Unless they personally don't want to commit, the problem stems from emotional attachment and desperation to the point they're selling themselves short. And for less. If women want men to commit, then they need to let go of those men who doesn't want commitment. But I partially agree with it. Only because it's normalized today.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do believe its determined on numerous factors - age, past relationship experiences, the type of person they are. I am not easy to attract nor to commit. For example, right now I have been in a 2 year relationship with my boyfriend and we live together. He talks about the future and I don't even think that far. If I really sat down and thought about and if he were to ever propose, I'd say no. For the simple reason I've been married twice before and I don't care to go down that road again and I am starting to get cold feet with just the amount of time we've lived together. Past expereinces really play a part on how we treat those we are attracted too and date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly true. But it really depends on the individual

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.. 1000% true. For heterosexual relationships tho

0|0
    0|0
    • And that girls expect a guy to initiate 95% of there interactions with one another.

• Men part is true i guess but women part not sure.
    I don't think women commit easily.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it’s easier for men to get a woman to commit once she’s attracted to him, rather than the getting a man to commit once he’s attracted to a woman. My reasoning for this is that men could have multiple reasons why he’s giving a woman attention, and women most likely only have one reason when they give a man attention. Men might just want sex and will abscond once they fulfill that need, whereas if a woman is attracted to you, it’s highly likely that she wants commitment or a relationship.

• Well in this case, yes a women wants relationship if she's attracted to a guy. But the period of relationship may differ.

I get your point though

• did i inspire this? LOL :D

0|1
    0|0
  • The men part is true. The women part, not so much.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think it’s definitely easier to get a woman to commit to you once you have her attracted to you. Since her motivations are primarily singular, you don’t have to worry about her using you for sex, as much as you do for a man. If a man gives attention to a woman, it could be for a few reasons.

• Yet women somehow think dating is just as hard for them

• I think there is some truth in that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pretty darn true.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly true I feel although obviously not always.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that's true in my experience anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • I would agree. The universe is funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very true

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually, yes. That is true. But not always.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there is some truth in that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really agree, there are generally many men and women that fit into either one of those options. And even more people that fit other options as well

1|0
    0|0
  • False. Well to my experience. I have met men who are very hard to attract simply because they are just too picky... But once I got them hooked on me, they were full on committed to me. It was me who started slacking off in the relationship. I got lazy... One left me. But he gave his all to me. He is the one that got away :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve not found this true for me.

I’ve routinely felt pressured to commit faster than I wanted. Some guys “fall in love” fast and think it’s exciting to be serious immediately. Guys who say “I love you” after a few weeks or want you to meet their parents after two dates, or to move in together in a month.

Guys like the idea of seeming tough, logical, clear minded, etc. But honestly, a lot of you are as needy and longing for acceptance as the stereotype of a woman. And vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • 100% true

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess i could say the part about women is true.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 41

• Not entirely true. I'm actually hard to attract.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend was the first to become really attracted to me, and she made the first move.

I was the first to tell her I loved her, about a month later.

Aaaaaaaand I've been with her for 8 years now. She's my first and only girlfriend.

Problems committing? Yea, clearly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say true and false as I have fallen in love so deeply but thats only cause we both confessed mutually our feelings. I'd say though that women are more prone to committing than men at the same time they are also more quiet. OwO.

Where as it can take men maybe 1-2 years before wanting to settle.

0|0
    0|0
    • Doubt it. I've never had a woman commit to me.

• Show All
    • @SportsFan78 Well gotta know when to put the gas on and when to hit the breaks and let the girl play the chaser. Cause she has to want the relationship as much as you do or its completely one sided. Plus the fastest way to a girls heart is to be okay with discussing the relationship. If they see that your there cause you really mean the I love you. She will most definitely end up addicted to you and be doing anything and everything to make you happy.

Cause most girls I have found just need confirmation its really happening. And that your not playing games. Once that is past they start doing super sweet stuff that generally makes the guy have to come up with ways to return all the kindness and sweetness.

• Well all a girl has done to me is play games so at this point I don’t know what to do

• How true is it to me? About 20% or less. Idiots who made sex and relationship a game with the one who has a higher score wins doesn't mean all men are the same. Same thing goes for the women, i can't call all women ''control freaks'' just because i had a bad experience with one woman i used to date (example).
    So where do you belong? do you belong on the side where you believe it's true? Or is it false?

0|0
    0|0
  • fair enough for men, but for women this is mostly untrue.
    women are generally hypergamous and tend to form harams given their own volition.
    interestingly, (although a wild oversimplification),
    pair bonding occurs more often the colder the climate

0|0
    0|0
  • Men love idealistically.
    Women love opportunistically.

They'll commit a LOT easier if you're rich. :)

1|2
    0|0
  • That's probably accurate for the majority of people.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are exceptions to every things, but for the vast majority of men and women this is very true.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say that exactly.. LOL.. I mean it's true sometimes though dependin on the situation..

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the person. In general, I'd ask Tripp that question but from my experience, there's not a conclusive answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering women are the ones that initiate divorce far more than men I would say that is not true.

0|1
    1|0
    • The hotel am saying at the guy next store while divorced him. He seems like a very sweet guy and didn't cheat on her. She took his life saving

• Yes, it's easy to get women to commit. Unfortunately, they have no problem monkey-vining to the next commitment at the drop of a hat. Hypergamy, it's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not according to my experience. both are easy to attarct. As for committing I wouldn't know. I never tried to make someone commit.

0|0
    0|0
  • True on average , seems more women are staying single by choice now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably generally true. But I'm not that easy to attract and even harder to get to commit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with the first sentence to an extent, disagree with the second

0|0
    0|0
  • Women don't commit as much as men do.

0|0
    1|0
    • What do you mean?

• Show All
    • @Markfish "Monogamy was only created so beta males could get sex and so that low value women could get commitment and protection."

Yes, that is my opinion too.
      A less desirable man has to secure his offspring by protecting the woman bearing his child while chasing away potential suitors.

A desirable man can risk the odds and breed indiscriminately because there is a high chance his offspring will survive even without his protection and provision.

• While women really have no particular drive to be monogamous, they only have the drive to seek the highest quality mate for the sake of her own protection and protection of her offspring.
      A drive that might never go away.

• Pretty true, as a generalisation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty true in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that’s true.

0|1
    0|0
  • True

0|1
    1|0
  • Generally speaking I would say that's accurate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Woah!! I can relate

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, pretty much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, absolutely true.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would agree with what you just said