Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Has the #metoo movement changed how you look at potential romantic relationships?

54171

Most Helpful Girl

• This is common sense to realize the #MeToo movement doesn't target men just because they "hugged me when I was angry" or "cast a glance" over at me. It's about ACTUAL assault. About molestation. About sexual abuse. The #MeToo movement is primarily aimed at men because 9 out of 10 rape victims are female. Because 38% of women's rapes are by relatives and 21% are by strangers. (Not shaming male victims, just an FYI if you want to come for me for that reason.)

If you genuinely think that #MeToo implies you'll get framed for assaulting someone and traumatizing, then maybe you shouldn't go near any fucking human ever. Especially women if you think most of them are lying about their experiences.

• Have you ever been sexually harassed? I have. Have you ever been raped? I have, multiple times, I did not have a pleasant childhood so maybe you could get your head out of your backside and actually think for a second. You know damn well that no one here has suggested that it was okay. What has been stated is that the system is taken advantage of by bad women (Yes, bad women exist, just as good men exist (even if society and people like you refuse to believe it) so we need to acknowledge that. What your doing is sexism. I mean I understand that people like you don't see it as sexism because you don't see men as people (and quite frankly you don't even see women as human either) but that's what it is. Women can and do lie. Statistics show that half of the claims made are PROVABLE false, meaning either they have concrete irrefutable proof (i. e. video evidence or what have you), she admits she lied, or she retracts her claims. Innocent until proven guilty, its very simple.

• As a male who was actually sexually assaulted, I know how police treat these matters. Dismissively, to put it short. Even when you're only a boy, they straight up don't care. My Mother abused me my entire childhood and nobody ever cared enough to do anything. So to anyone who thinks that rape is even primarily a female issue: Get your head out of your own ass. So many male rapes go undocumented and unreported that it's hard not to think that men are the ones being singled out here. And sadly, even if it went to court- the woman rapist would actually have a legal leg to stand on and could very feasibly win the case- if not get a pathetically reduced sentence. Miss me with that female victim complex BS.

What Guys Said 171

What Girls Said 53

• Nope, I didn’t really keep up with it.

• Not in the slightest.

• No, not at all.

• No honestly.

• No, why would it?

• Yes a lot

• Nope

• No, haven't even followed it. I knew already.

• Why would it?

• What's the #metoo movement?

• It hasn’t

• No it has not

• Didn't change anything

• No. Not at all.

• Not really

• No, how would it change that?

• No #METOO is a joke, you can tell it is by the hypocrite celebrities involved in it. I think after the 2016 election people are tired of Hollywood preaching morality.

• Nope

• No. Why would it?

• If it has it's understandable but like ur really going to cry over not being able to trust women now (which really?) when women, young girls, are dealing with rape and sexual assault and are finally able to talk about it and get justice

• Women lie all the time

• I mentioned all of yours. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

• @mytrumara No you didn't. You mention one was from 1994 which I pointed out unless you can prove something has changed that would affect that then it still stands (and pointed out all the arguments against are from the 70s and not even done by professional researchers or people with doctorates for that matter), you then mentioned one other one that's it. So again, your full of it and your aware of it. As for my reading comprehension , well feel free to throw out your ad hominid attacks in order to focus the discussion on everything but the actual argument (since you have no way to argue against anything I have said) I really don't care, you have no idea who I am or what my comprehension level is so your really just shooting in the dark in an attempt to again, avoid having to admit your wrong. Also as I stated earlier I provided multiple links and sources, you provided nothing but sarcasm and logical fallacies. I think we are done here unless you wish to continue to show your ignorance?

• yes, I talked to my partner about it, and also some close guy friends. It has brought us all closer

• Meh not really

• Ah no. I don’t pay attention too much to this dumb ass crap people
    Come up with.