Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Has the #metoo movement changed how you look at potential romantic relationships?

54171

What Guys Said 171

• I don't think so. It makes me lose a lot of respect for women though. They constantly want to be the victim. There's many women who voluntarily have relationships with their superiors or trade sexual favors for career advancement, and then years later they spin it around to make it look like abuse. Why not go to the police? Harvey Winesteins still making movies and Matt Lauer is probably drinking pina coladas on some beach somewhere. These women have no interest in bringing sexual abusers to justice and just want to take a crap on men.

• No, because where I'm from we know the difference between sexual harassment, courtship and friendly approach. The western world is now programmed to look at even standard courtship or friendly approach as sexual harassment, which is sick.

• Yes guys can't do much anymore, without being considered as rape. The whole "guys should make the first move" is no more.

• Yeah! Let's make women make the first move! They are so good at complaining and blaming men, but by never doing anything they can also never be wrong!! If they are so good, why don't they do it? Hypocrites!!!

• @randomgirl70 but then it can end up as an "Unwanted Advance" and twitter'd over the internet to make you out to be a sick freak.

• Yes. I am now afraid of being accused for something I didn't do when women can go around accusing anyone without evidence and ruin a man's life

• I'll tell ypu what it did... it stops men from meeting in their office one on one... and maybe even hiring females... same qualification employers will take men

• Yes. It moved me from a 'well... I should be careful who I'm with' to 'are you just trying to take my money? >_>

• It hasn't affected me in the least.

I work, or rather worked, in a job that was dominated by women. It wouldn't affect how I interact with them at all.

However, I was raised by parents who taught me not to interact with people in a way that might make them uncomfortable. Hence, I don't send dick pics, I don't grab people, I don't touch them in ways that would make a reasonable person feel uncomfortable.

Thus, good parents are worth a billion #metoo's. I have doubts the movement is having much affect on the socially awkward (or socially clueless).

For those who claim that the #metoo movement doesn't include things like unwanted hugs, awkward flirting, unwanted flirting, I say this: THINK AGAIN.

Yes, those things have been included by a minority in the #metoo movement. I was listening on NPR just last week to no less than Gloria Allred has filed sexual harassment charges for clients, some of which included unwanted hugs, unwanted flirting, and one (incredibly) was someone outstretching his arms as if to hug. So don't give me this, "Oh, things like that aren't included in the metoo movement." Yes, they *are* included by a small minority in the metoo movement. The fact that it's a small minority doesn't excuse it, and women in my opinion *should* be bothered with this, just as men should be bothered with guys who send unsolicited dick pics. Murder is committed by a small minority, but it bothers me. A small minority do include unwanted hugs in the metoo movement, and it bothers me.

• Not really. Honesty, honorable, respectful, intelligent, considerate, polite, interesting, attractive women will be just that despite any fad that comes and goes. Free thinkers who have a life usually don't get tied up in movements anyways because they are too busy enjoying and living their life to be worrying how others are living theirs.

• Well I was MGTOW before this anyways but what you are going to see men are going to distance themselves from women. More and more men are discovering MGTOW everyday and the MeToo movement these women are just shooting themselves in the foot. It’s one thing if you got sexually assaulted yesterday and notify the authorities but years later? Personally I feel the women who are in this movement are nothing but bitter women who can’t shame men anymore and now they are using false allegations. Then these are the same women who wonder where all have the good men gone? You chased them away dumbass!

• It makes me even more wary of wanting to associate with women, that's about it

• No. I've never thought sexual assault was okay. I thought consent was as vital 10 years ago as I do now.

• Yes, I hate the me too movement and when a girl I like says they support it. I stop likeing them romantically as I fear they might untruthfuly accuse me of things I didn't do

• Feminism in general has made me less forgiving towards women and made me reject them much faster.

• Your fault for assuming all women are feminists

• It seemed to me like you did, because you said you would reject any women raster because some women are feminists. So it is like blaming her for the fact that their are females that are feminists so she also has to suffer for it. Basically, I'm gonna cut off this girl because she is a women and that's what most feminists are.

• Unless you mean you are now much more weary of women because of the likely hood of her being a feminist. That I can agree with

• I no longer look at potential romantic relationships.

• Relationships were ruined long before me. Hookup, groupie, causal sex culture my def change. Will be a lot more risky if you're a guy

• You have to be extra careful. Men can get their reputations absolutely wrecked or worse legal action taken against them and the only proof needed is the woman's opinion. The richer you are the more dangerous it is for you

• It made me learn to not even breathe near a woman or I will get the police taking my door off

• If you breathe near a woman, you're raping her. She didn't indicate consent for that.

• No. That doesn't mean some need to learn to keep their hands and inappropriate comments to themselves. Because this movement was born from the older generation, I'd say it was more intended for them where it's more prevalent. I hope the younger generations are more ahead of the curve and regard this kind of sexually inappropriate behavior innately unethical.

It is a bitch though maintaining a professional, platonic relationship when an attractive girl dresses provocatively in the workplace while trying to treat her as a person. To me, that's cruel, unfair, and irresponsible on a girl's part. I think most who are secure have that figured out though. And what's considered provocative varies from environment to environment. If you are outside in the heat sweating profusely, no one should be forced to cover up and risk heat stroke. That's stupid. So it would be expected to bare more skin. In a climate controlled office, those rules are different. Applies to both sexes.

• Agree with the first part. Why is it hard for you to treat a girl who dresses a certain way as a person? I have no problem treating attractive guys as a people even if they walked around shirtless and in a manthong.

• No, explain the asterisks. There was zero offense in what I said about White collar work except what you assumed. I said men did it out of necessity.

• To my understanding, asterisks are used to bolden/emphasize a certain word. a) Not all men work in physical labor. b) Not all men work hard.

• It makes me glad I will be staying permanently single , my situation as a FT working single dad means this comes with the territory. By nature I am strictly non tactile and very " hands off " with everyone , apart from my children , I would not even attempt dating in this day and age , for a man it is a minefield.

• More from Guys
    131

What Girls Said 54