Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Has the #metoo movement changed how you look at potential romantic relationships?

54171

What Guys Said 171

• No. I've never thought sexual assault was okay. I thought consent was as vital 10 years ago as I do now.

• Yes, I hate the me too movement and when a girl I like says they support it. I stop likeing them romantically as I fear they might untruthfuly accuse me of things I didn't do

• Not really. Honesty, honorable, respectful, intelligent, considerate, polite, interesting, attractive women will be just that despite any fad that comes and goes. Free thinkers who have a life usually don't get tied up in movements anyways because they are too busy enjoying and living their life to be worrying how others are living theirs.

• Feminism in general has made me less forgiving towards women and made me reject them much faster.

• Your fault for assuming all women are feminists

• It seemed to me like you did, because you said you would reject any women raster because some women are feminists. So it is like blaming her for the fact that their are females that are feminists so she also has to suffer for it. Basically, I'm gonna cut off this girl because she is a women and that's what most feminists are.

• Unless you mean you are now much more weary of women because of the likely hood of her being a feminist. That I can agree with

• I no longer look at potential romantic relationships.

• Relationships were ruined long before me. Hookup, groupie, causal sex culture my def change. Will be a lot more risky if you're a guy

• You have to be extra careful. Men can get their reputations absolutely wrecked or worse legal action taken against them and the only proof needed is the woman's opinion. The richer you are the more dangerous it is for you

• It made me learn to not even breathe near a woman or I will get the police taking my door off

• If you breathe near a woman, you're raping her. She didn't indicate consent for that.

• No. That doesn't mean some need to learn to keep their hands and inappropriate comments to themselves. Because this movement was born from the older generation, I'd say it was more intended for them where it's more prevalent. I hope the younger generations are more ahead of the curve and regard this kind of sexually inappropriate behavior innately unethical.

It is a bitch though maintaining a professional, platonic relationship when an attractive girl dresses provocatively in the workplace while trying to treat her as a person. To me, that's cruel, unfair, and irresponsible on a girl's part. I think most who are secure have that figured out though. And what's considered provocative varies from environment to environment. If you are outside in the heat sweating profusely, no one should be forced to cover up and risk heat stroke. That's stupid. So it would be expected to bare more skin. In a climate controlled office, those rules are different. Applies to both sexes.

• Agree with the first part. Why is it hard for you to treat a girl who dresses a certain way as a person? I have no problem treating attractive guys as a people even if they walked around shirtless and in a manthong.

• No, explain the asterisks. There was zero offense in what I said about White collar work except what you assumed. I said men did it out of necessity.

• To my understanding, asterisks are used to bolden/emphasize a certain word. a) Not all men work in physical labor. b) Not all men work hard.

• It makes me glad I will be staying permanently single , my situation as a FT working single dad means this comes with the territory. By nature I am strictly non tactile and very " hands off " with everyone , apart from my children , I would not even attempt dating in this day and age , for a man it is a minefield.

• No. Girls have always been professional victims.
    So, it's business as usual.

• Yeah, after seeing all the fall out from regret sex that women get, even a year later. I don't see getting married as an option anymore

• Don't look in a womans general direction or you might go to jail for rape

• Yes. I'm starting to be afraid to even look at women, because I don't want to be waterboarded in Guantanamo for sexual harrasment of the highest order after randomly looking at a woman, which she might percieve as rape, and the truth won't matter, because I'm a cis white male.

• Not at all. #Metoo really mainly focused on people who had been pressured by more powerful people or who have been getting really inappropriate comments or touching.

Normal conversations and small compliments isn't the problem, and that's what I do.

The few extreme cases just ruins reputation of rest, like guys who are assholes, and girls who thinks everyone is trying to lure them on bed, but both are minority.

• Certainly. I don't understand how it could not effect how everyone interacts with others now, but that doesn't mean that it will. I'm of the opinion that many young people, maybe even most of them, operate at such a high level selfishness and impulsiveness that nothing will really change. Men and women will continue to be raped and sexually assaulted, and men will continue to be falsely accused of rape by malicious opportunists.

• Yes, now the women can complain to instagram, if the dating doesn't go as they want.

• Never heard of it but it sounds like fighting for something you probably already have.

• No but it has me cautious of things I may say to or around a female in the work place. You never know who could be a militant feminist that could sue you for sexual harassment and get you fired.

• No, a friend of mine voluntarily went on a afternoon fuckfest with 2 middle aged men. 2 months later she accused a dude she was making out with that he's a pig for suggesting they go to his place after prom.

And she and other girls didn't even see that as weird. The only girl that called her out was more of a hater and said she was selfish.

Women, and their fickle values and behaviours changed how I look at potential romantic relationships. I've seen women go from harpie to perfect guest un seconds just because a stranger entered the room.

Women the emotionally closer you are to a woman, the more she asks of you and the shittier she behaves.

A stranger, will not be accused of rape, a 30 minute hookup in a bathroom will not be considered abusive, because it's in the head o passion. But let that heat disipate, cool down and slow down... and have a huge conversation and the expectations go way up like it's the 1800s.

• I feel like it's much wiser to stay discreet on where you work. My facebook page has a fake last name and a fake job for security's sake. And in dating I'm much more inclined to be vague about where I work. It's a boring job anyway so girls don't need details.

• Sexodus. all these movements have gone way to far, there is no rape culture, society does not promote rape. people are buying way to much into media, Remember it takes 2 too tango, even if the party is under the influence, they know what they are getting into. Feminism has destroyed marriage, relationships and dating, its even gone into a behavioural/approach hostility environment where one sex (Males) is being punished becuase we are males. yea i do think that women having equal rights is fine, pushing it to this level is absurd and proves nothing, Women have set them up for failure so badly becuase, once this comes into effect, women will find it harder to seek out mates becuase men will want nothing to do with them, any women that complains about MGTOW is hypocritical becuase their feminist movements have created it in response to them, everything has an effect in society, both sexes need to fight against feminism and mgtow and remove is from society

• I can't understand how the NYPD has a video from Anthony Wieners laptop that said insurance on it. Showing Uma Abadeen and Hirary Clinton having sex with a 13 year old girl and neither one is in jail yet? Talk about power and was said police detectives broke down in tears after seeing it.

• My view of "romantic" relationships was already ruined well before the so-called #metoo movement.
    As a man it only helped solidify my position further. Relationships above a 'close casual friendship' are a complete and total waste of time and never worth the time wasted to pursue.

• Why would you touch any random in public in a sexual manner? If you do that, you are not normal, no matter if you're a man or a woman. But what if you shake hands? Is that taboo?

A huge majority of men aren't going to molest you for saying "hi" in a manner that you don't like.

You do think in a similar way to the alt-right, don't you see that yourself? Am I calling you alt-right? No, you are the exact opposite, extreme left, or "feminazi". You're behaving the same, but with different opinions.

And that's the thing the with extremists.

It's because of people like you that I'm afraid of talking to people, and in particular women. Even a false claim is enough to ruin your life as a man, and THAT, is an equality issue you'll never hear a leftist talk about.

And just out of interesst, how can you determine if a hi, is just a greeting or a hi with expectations?

• I never called you a name, and I never accused you of anything. You, however, do nothing but accuse me, and then attack me with name calling on top of that. If you can't a woman calmly and directly speaking her mind, you're the one with the problem. Even better, you blame *your* problems on random people on the internet that you haven't even taken the time to get to know. You don't care how rape or assault ruins a woman's life. All you care about is pointing a finger and saying "She did it, too". That's classy.

• Ooh someone brought up Nazi Germany...

• Yes I did, I used the jews who lived there as an example of oppressed people living in fear. Just read Anne Frank's diary.

Fear is not something positive (no shit) and even suggesting that all men should live in fear for a crime that a huge minority of us have done is insane. Again, I can make draw ISIS and muslim correlations from the alt-right to your way of thinking.

• These women can ruin someone's entile LIFE with one sentence. It makes me want to dig a hole and jump in it never to emerge again.

• Metoo only agfects men with money. Like lots of it or power.

• Thanks for that retarded opinion so early in the morning.

• Are you still speaking English?

• Also i don't date crazy women. Or People with outlandish morals. If any woman said anything about ill flat out say no i didn't here's what happen. To a tea. Im not gonna be like james franco and aiza anzira and Ben affleck and say no comment and sorry if i did hurt you but i don't rememeber

• I have always been cautious. I'm certain it cost me a lot of fun. I never touched a woman inappropriately. I was taught no meant no. If I tried and my hand was moved, the next person to try something was going to be her.

• I'm so glad i sowed my seed in many fields and found the special one before all of this modern stuff to be honest.

• Men have to obey now or else. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

• More from Guys
    111

What Girls Said 54