Do you believe in conspiracy theories? What are conspiracy theories you believe?

I’m not a conspiracy theorist. I’m the farthest away from one to be honest. I don’t believe the US government was responsible for 9/11 and I don’t believe the US government got involved in Iraq and Afghanistan because of oil.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I like conspiracy theories but most of the time there are no solid facts and evidence to prove them. I still enjoy listening and reading up them.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It wasn't exactly about the oil itself, rather it has to do with the Dollar and it's relationship to oil, or I refer to it as the "Pricing of Oil on the Global market" because of important things in history.

The US dollar was once backed by gold at a fix exchange rate of $35 for 1 ounce of gold. This was known as the Bretton Woods system:

i.pinimg.com/.../...c32166db82c40ca5d7b688be10.jpg

Thanks to the expenditures from the Vietnam War and welfare programs from President Johnson's "The Great Society" this inevitably lead to the collapse of the Bretton Woods system.

On August 15th, 1971, president Richard Nixon had removed the gold backing of the US dollar, it was thought to be only temporarily at the time.

Then because of the Yom Kippur War in the early 1970s and because of the US's involvement in supporting Israel in that war, it lead to retribution and retaliation from those oil producing nations in the Middle East (OPEC), and they all had decided to impose oil embargoes tripling or quadrupling the price of oil to those involved in the Yom Kippur War and had supported Israel.

This is very bad for the US at the time as it's already an deteriorating situation economically with the gold backing of the dollar gone, and to make matters worse there was an energy crisis, at that time the US had been relying on a significant amount of energy imports, especially oil. They also can't keep printing dollars when the gold backing is gone, as that would only result in further inflation, meaning things would only become more expensive.

But this lead them to an idea that would usher them into a new era into becoming the most powerful and might nation on the planet.

So in order to kill two birds with one stone. They figured out the solution that would save the nation economically and to resolve the energy crisis from the embargoes, Nixon sent his national security advisor and secretary of state Henry Kissinger to Saudi Arabia to negotiate a very important deal. The arrangement was very simple. The US promised the monarchy family of Saudi Arabia military protection and ensure they remain in power and rule, protect them from all possible threats in the region, such as their main rival, Iran, and as well as from Israel.

And in exchange they would

1. price their oil sales on the international market exclusively in US Dollars.
    2. invest their surplus oil proceeds in U. S. Treasuries.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly.. Especially not the one where the government is responsible for 9/11.. Although I don't know about the oil one..

1|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Conspiracy theories can be interesting and fun to discuss. However, I acknowledge that they are all ridiculous.

0|1
    0|0
    • You do know there was a time when the US did not collect data on every citizen and some would say they were and the govt would say they were not, well thanks to WikiLeaks we all now know the truth. So y did they kill Gadaffi

• Show All
    • Our founders warned us that if you surrender freedom for security you will lose both.

• Agree. I am going to vote no, so they will make some amendments to the law strengthening the checks and balances in it.

• Then they got you right where they want you. Congrats on being another one.👏

0|1
    0|0
  • Doubting someone just for luxury of leisure or u bored with it partner n just for fun doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Conspiracy theories are for bored people
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I'm a very bored person.

0|0
    1|0
  • im v gullible so i do fall for some but then i think about it a little then realise how stupid i am

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever read Holy Blood Holy Grail?

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t really believe in any conspiracy theories

0|1
    0|0
    • Follow politics and give it ten years. Do you think a majority of polititions lie?

• Same here

1|1
    1|0
  • Yeah, I think the moon is made of cheese

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but it's mostly video games and movie stuff

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 39

• Yes I believe that there are conspiracy theories. I believe that all conspiracy theories are theories.

2|1
    0|0
  • A lot of worringly sheep people here. If you accept mainstream media and "official" reports as trurh without question then you deserve what you get. There is only one "conspiracy theory" (a phrase coined by people afraid to question)... and it is that the world you live in is not the world you're told. Wake up ppl!!

0|0
    0|0
  • There is one conspiracy theory that is convincing to me:
    That, which secretly has decided to dumb down mankind, make us addicted to shallowness and meaninglessness. Its final goal is to make us unable to sustain ourselves and our planet and to laugh hard until 'they' also go down the drain.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% I love conspiracies. I love looking into stuff and finding out what is real and what isn't. If I might ask, do you believe the US is totally void of guilt in any scenario? What I mean by that is, do you think the US has ever been involved in a conspiracy?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I don’t think the US is totally void of guilt in any scenario. I just don’t believe the intentions and motivations for going into Iraq and Afghanistan was for oil. I especially do not believe the US was responsible for 9/11.

• I think the US is involved in corporatist greed and have a lot of false flag operations to get us into wars. Syria being one of them, Gulf of Tonkin, Operation Northwoods. I love uncovering conspiracies and looking at them

• The British Empire and Roman Empire had the same bag of tricks. So true.

• I think NASA is run by lizards like KSI, The sidemen, Keemstar, Jake Paul, Logan Paul, and leafyishere, and I think JFK wasn't actually JFK, he is an alien named zarconotron, he commands 15 fleets of aliens and the assassination was his cover up to go back up into space

0|0
    0|0
  • What's ironic tho is , 2001 9/11 was the exact day that America's contract with Britain was to expire , ( if ) we can pay them our dept to them then we become Britain all over again. But if we still remain unable to pay our dept to them , we keep our independence from then.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, I know some of friends from other sites
    they are here too.
    but... they...
    I just hope that I am honest that give them the faith of trust in this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never found one worth believing myself. There is bound to be some that are real though, as when you live in a world of 7 billion people you are bound to have some ongoing conspiracies.

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 years ago you probably wouldn't believe the US is spying on it's citizens either.

3|3
    0|0
  • No, I don't believe in them. It's rather annoying to hear people sharing conspiracy theories as if they were verified.

0|1
    1|0
  • No. Conspiracy theories are just an easy out for people who want to win arguments.

0|1
    1|0
  • Fuck conspiracy theories... Butthurt liberal tards.

2|1
    3|0
  • This is exactly the kind of question the government spies would ask to find out who is on to them. Nice try but I'm not falling for it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's have the debate. I just want the truth. I despise censorship and some want to increase that when it comes to conspiracy theories or truths that they do not like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t believe in conspiracy theories either but the second one is at least partially true, we all know the gov currently does the biding of cooperations because of lobbyists essentially bribing them

0|0
    0|0
  • Only the true ones. Obviously, there's no way to believe in true conspiracy theories unless you knew and/or had hardcore evidence.

0|0
    0|0
    • What are some examples of the “true ones”?

• I don't have any right now, as I don't have hardcore evidence. But some theories do seem legitimate, like the reason (s) 9/11 happened or JFK's assassination. I like to keep myself open minded, because I'd rather not be denied the truth.

• I do believe that the US government got involved in Iraq and Afghanistan because of oil

1|1
    1|0
  • They are THEORIES ( not in the scientific way) because they lack any evidence , reason or both ! Waste of time...

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that a person should shut up and never question or research the narratives that are promoted by those that do such things.

0|0
    0|0
  • That the Bush and Obama administrations both hid the Saudi connection to 9/11.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes