What makes a woman seem older than her actual age?

I'm asking because I'm curious. I'm only 33 and some people assume I'm 35-40 years old, it doesn't bother me because I'm very confident and attractive. I know I look my age lol.

But what would make someone think that? Is it the body, face or mannerisms?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably your mannerisms and body language. You dont look 40, but maybe you act it. You do have a mature look, but dont look old to me. If that makes sense?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• SO below are the factors:
    Dressing styles
    Personality/mannerism
    THe way you carrying yourSelf

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 54

• i bet people your own age think you are what you are. the young will think of you as ancient and to me being 51 myself you look like you are in your twenties. i wouldn't worry about it too much

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm not worried about it lol. And yeah maybe you're right, people in their teens and 20's would assume I'm older.

• Show All
    • Oh that's cool. You seem like you like to have fun and enjoy life.

• indeed i do. its what real living is about which is why i initially showed concern you may be letting something so trivial get to you. i was clearly wrong im glad to say

• Well the way you dress can have a profound impact in the perceived age , if you dress more conservative you can appear to be older than you really are, there are some marks in the face as well that can sign and older age, but it is not necessarily bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Genes and smoking and tanning beds. Smoking takes a big price on the skin. My grandma had gray hair, but it was yellow in the front from tar from the cigarette smoke. She eventually quit smoking, bless her soul.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be it's ur matatureness as u respond to fun things usually women of ur age like to do... stuff women dream with thier partner to do.. it may also ur priorities of life which make u more realistic than romantic or dreamer.. Men always like a women have dreams love romance... cannot comment on physical appearance as not seen but it can be ur dressing and style of communication... if u keep distance between self and others it also give this impression

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a lot of thing that could make you look older. Lifestyle for example, do you drink or smoke? These 2 thing will make you age faster then a person that doesn't. Working out is another important thing when getting older, it not healthy for you but it will make you feel and look younger. Work is another thing people don't really talk about that could cause you to look older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Based on one tiny photo you look anywhere in your 30s to me.

I’m wondering if your confidence results in you carrying yourself in a way that seems mature where some 20 something seem tentative or immature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exhibiting grace and class especially in mixed company. Basically the opposite of a middle school girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • Her own mind, if she feels older she is if she feels younger she is😊

2|0
    0|0
  • When I was 16 I had my first beard and I wasn't shaving it. People who first saw me thought I was like 22 years old.
    Doubt this helps you though

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl you look 29, just saw your pic, in your case maybe the mannerisms, cause older people treat others in a gentle polite way.

1|0
    0|0
  • The way you respond to situations and in conversation. If you are very methodical and reserved. If you are more about the proper things or being lady like and courteous. If you tend to be somewhat poised and prime in your demeanor. As well, what things you are aware of like historic information or nostalgic in your persona. You seem very sophisticated the way you dress and style yourself, just by looking at the your profile pic. So that goes with the territory at times. As well, if you can relate to what the older generation view is on topics and life in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks matter in this case but not as much as maturity.
    If you understand things in depth and sound intelligent then people assume you're older than you actually are.

0|0
    0|0
  • its the life ecperiances... men have not been train in the home the last 50 year's how to love a woman. men older than the woman can show a better love and are more faithful

0|0
    0|0
  • Hairstyle, dress sense and perfume!

But more than anything, sullen or angry looks... constant negativity

0|0
    0|0
    • Her typical sense of nature or he mistaken frame of mind a mismatch in intelligence I maybe a woman lacking what goes with what and how I dress says a lot how I think says more than I look like a teenager or younger than my age I'm not seen as intelligent first hand then when I speak a man's shocked unless I black and then Im ignored fully I'm actually near on 30 I prefer I'm to be ignored nods :)

• 30, and still look like a teen? Wow... hmmm. lol

• Well close toward of not mod 20s yep always with the you're got a baby face :) however I'm very bright and what's with that kids are bright XD I need a card only when in my local area I'm not carded lol

• 1) Smoking.
    2) Kids.
    3) Mom status.
    4) Tanning.

There's basically nothing else.

0|1
    1|0
  • Cutting her hair short is a big red flag that a woman thinks she’s over the hill

0|1
    0|0
  • what makes people older

>smoking
    >alcohol
    >obesity
    >drugs
    >lack of sleep

1|1
    0|0
  • The things that can make people assume you're older are intelligence, self confidence, style of dress, mannerisms in social situations etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • When she covers the wrinkles & fills it up with male up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Things such as:
    - Deeper voice
    - slower speech
    - calmess of grandparents
    - less giggily
    - more serious

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• How she talks. More assertive and confident women learn to cut out uneccessary speech patterns (uh, like, totally) that disguinguish adolescence and young adulthood. Also, the way you walk says a lot. Do you walk and care about what people think of you? Or is your mind too preoccupied with important more urgent things. young women tend to "take up less space" when they walk down a hallway, where a more mature woman naturally asserts her presence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people can be really hard to judge! I just looked at your profile and from that I wouldn't be surprised if you said anywhere from late twenties to (very) early forties. I think maybe your facial structure has something to do with it. Because of your cheekbones I could believe you were older and just looked fucking fabulous, or I could believe you were a classy looking younger lady.

0|0
    0|1
  • It could be manners and how you act.
    People will assume I'm a kid because of the way I act. My dad mananger actually thought I was a teenager and was shocked when he found out I was 26 and I just think it's because I don't act my age or dress like someone that is older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep smile lines and lines or forehead ir maybe yiu started having lines around your eyes. Or maybe yiy have grown some white hair. Or maybe because you dob't wear make up you look older.

0|0
    0|0
    • just a side note, those that rely on make up when they are young ruin their skin and look older faster. even worse with cosmetic surgery

• Mannerism, voice, and dress style. People always assume I'm younger when they hear my voice. If you have a deep raspy voice and have what I call old-ish or rough mannerisms then people will assume you're older, no matter how you look.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the opposite case! People assume I am 3-5 years younger than my a actual age maybe because of my petite slim figure. What kind of figure have you got? Also I read somewhere that it is due to the biological clock of a person and it is dependent on genes and lifestyle choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually the overall appearance, your looks, how you dress, wear your hair, how you do your makeup (if you wear it).

0|1
    0|0
  • independence, the way she carries herself, and the way she talks and thinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl you need to brighten up your eyes. But also you have a fierce persinality who is ready to pounce.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure. People always guess that I’m in my teens, and I always have to show ID when I buy alcohol. I’m not sure why they think I’m younger than 22🤷🏻‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m the opposite. I’m 33 but most people think I’m in my mid 20s. Don’t know why.

0|0
    0|0
  • mannerism, dress style, and face (wrinkles, sun damage, sullenness, etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wrinkles, clothes and too much makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's usually how they look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup, haircut, clothes, height... skin

0|0
    0|0
  • Heavy make up? And the way you act maybe..

0|1
    0|0
  • Make up and face

0|1
    0|0
  • How you act and how you look physically and dress.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes