What is worse to you? Arrogance or hypocrisy?

I am aware that they can go hand in hand. But by itself what is worse? Arrogance or hypocrisy?

Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

If you guys wanna troll and put "both" that's fine, but it won't be a poll option.

• Arrogance
    Vote A
  • Hypocrisy
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hypocrisy, because it is claiming something that you don't deserve. You are expecting people to give you credit for something you are simply professing while doing something different/not living up to your own claims. Most people who are hypocritical tend to also expect a certain standard out of others that they don't live up to. Because it involves these demands and judgments, it is worse than arrogance, which is simply an overestimation of one's own importance but not necessarily the underestimation of others. Hypocrisy, however, demands something from others that it itself cannot deliver. Arrogance can be taught, hypocrisy usually can't, only exposed.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hypocrisy. There are few things as aggravating as hypocritical people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• hypocrisy is worse because its harder to get through to someone who has the wrong action linked with the right idea. arrogance isn't hopeless but hypocrisy usually is

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm going with arrogance.

At least the hypocrites know that they're wrong, and might eventually cave under guilt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Arrogant people are known to make poorer quality decisions than non-arrogant people. They only consider a few (or only one) option they believe to be right, whereas other people will look at a range of options and have a broader range of choices. Arrogant people will put much more trust in their own opinions and judgements than empirical evidence, and they won't be persuaded by evidence. Arrogant people probably lie more frequently than the general population. They're not as interested in the truth as they are in reaching their goal.
    Hypocrites create chaos almost everywhere they go. They're master manipulators. They tend to pass judgement when they should really be getting a look at themselves. They're egocentric, conceited, manipulative, deceitful, drama creating liars that hide behind a holier-than-thou attitude.
    I'd say both but I will have to go with hypocrisy there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ll go with arrogance. That’s one trait I can’t stand in a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypocrisy

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypocrisy

0|0
    0|0
  • hypocrisy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypocrisy, easily.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It's easier to recover from hypocrisy, than arrogance. We are all hypocrites in some way, but can change. Arrogance often sees no reason to change, and doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are both bad, but when forced to choose which is worse, hypocrisy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes