What is worse to you? Arrogance or hypocrisy?

I am aware that they can go hand in hand. But by itself what is worse? Arrogance or hypocrisy?

Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

If you guys wanna troll and put "both" that's fine, but it won't be a poll option.

• Arrogance
  • Hypocrisy

103

Most Helpful Girl

• Hypocrisy, because it is claiming something that you don't deserve. You are expecting people to give you credit for something you are simply professing while doing something different/not living up to your own claims. Most people who are hypocritical tend to also expect a certain standard out of others that they don't live up to. Because it involves these demands and judgments, it is worse than arrogance, which is simply an overestimation of one's own importance but not necessarily the underestimation of others. Hypocrisy, however, demands something from others that it itself cannot deliver. Arrogance can be taught, hypocrisy usually can't, only exposed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hypocrisy. There are few things as aggravating as hypocritical people.